Things I Have Learned Working in Pharma Sales

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, Oct 9, 2015 at 9:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was in the biz nearly 17 years and the "counter" is spot on. The industry is a mind-numbing, career killer that, for about 80 percent, completely destroys their work ethic and their ability to be part of a real team.

- not really sales, so do not kid yourself. It is a marketing job.
    - OK, management thinks it is hardcore sales that's why you need constant brainwashing
    - that feeling in your stomach is actually the giant puppet hand of pharma shoved all the way up your ass
    - managers love that feel
    - upper management only exists to lie, gladhand, prop up stock prices, create spread sheets and present at POAs
    - Sales people are completely expendable and it matters not if you won CEO five times, when the cuts come, your number could be up because YOU do not matter
    - counterparts are not to be trusted
    - wear a flack jacket to keep the knives from stabbing you in the back
    - watch out for counterparts that work 10 to 2 or less and have brown noses

I could go on for 100 pages. Pharma is that bad. I am so GLAD I am out. What a totally shit job.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

31. Look good in a dress
    32. Wear short skirt
    33. Giggle at doctor
    34. Pretend you like golf
    35. Giggle more.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

36. Act like you really care about Doc's vacation.
    37. Act like you can def. get their loser child a job.
    39. Wow doc. new car! Awesome! I love (whatever car they got), actually my fav..,
    40. Act (sympathetic) "Oh doc. Your having a bad day"....(like we care) everyday is a bad day for us.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you doing now?

Fluffing?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

42. No need to be smart in this industry, just be a great "showman".
    43. Strong men need not apply. You don't fit in.
    44. Check your hair before you walk into an office.
    45. The office cows don't like pizza! Order something good and expensive to buy business.
    46. You will have to go through 5 interviews!
    47. Expect a lot of lying in the interview, especially when you ask why the position is open. (good luck new hires!)
    48. Only the mind controlled still think we are helping patients' quality of life.
    49. Approximately 90 percent of the industry is mind controlled, strange but true.
    50. Big breasts. You are hired!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's terrifying when you go look for a job and no one wants to hire you because you've been in pharma too long and it's not viewed as a true sales job.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, but after 10 plus years of it, you should have at least 40k/year saved…and it doesn't matter.

Gosh, you are a freaking meathead, aren't you?

Idiot.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fluffing is something I enjoy though after my pharmaceutical career, and it pays better. You should try it too.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

51. The job pays so well, that when you lose it, you also lose your mind, because you can't find anything else that pays this well. In fact, you may have to accept a low paying/demeaning job like car sales or timeshare sales.
    52. It really isn't that hard of a job. I didn't realize it until I lost my job. That tells me that I must have been a real loser to not be able to cut it.
    53. If you are mentally unbalance (like I am), you will take it hard when you lose your pharma job. In fact, you may end up obsessing over it so much, that you posts nonsense on pharma boards to help try and make yourself feel better.
    54. Your former pharma colleagues will be living the good life, while you struggle just to get by.
    55. You will find yourself repeating stuff (like I am now) on the pharma chat boards because you have become mentally unbalanced from losing your pharma job.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

56. You are not funny.
    57. You never had an original thought in your life.
    58. You are 99.9 percent a lost soul.
    59. You are going to a bad place when you die.
    60. You suck at life.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

61. You think the Beatles are musically talented.
    62. You think Tom Brady is "hot".
    63. You think Republicans and Democrats have power.
    64. You think Miley Cyrus is dynamic.
    65. You think Game of Thrones is great entertainment.
    66. You think if you lay off the bread, you will live longer.
    67. You think drinking alcohol is OK.
    68. You think reading the Wall Street journal makes you informed.
    69. You think Jim Cramer is a great stock picker.
    70. You think there is no such thing as Judgement.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left Pharma almost a year ago and here is what I learned.

A. Sales Data in Pharma is 100% bullshit, so the awards are bullshit as well.
    B. Pharma complicates the commission structure in case they need to rip you off. Here is how simple a commission structure is; you get paid X for selling Z. All that other forced rankings, districts, baselines, etc is garbage.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I want my, I want my, I want my VTP. IT's Money for nothing and job search for free.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL This is very true

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I learned in a fake industry its ok for me to create a fake resume. #1 four years in a row and running.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

71. At training, do you know that you were 1 of 500 applicants to apply for this job?
    72 This is the first step in a 5 step interview process.
    73. So what you think, you did good on that last call?
    74. Receive a bad field ride evaluation because the car was not washed and cleaned.
    75. Push pills...that is what we do...don't worry about patients.
    76. Dash and Dine Baby!
    77. Show me your breasts and I will write your product.
    78. Lets hire naïve, mind-controlled kids to run our sales team...we can steal their bonus money!
    79. Probably a repeat, but lets keep the employees in constant fear of losing their jobs!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

80. Numbers? We don't deal with numbers. Just "sell" and shut up. You have a company car and free gas, idiot!
    81. Military make great reps...because they can't think for themselves.
    82. Mormon make great reps...because they can't think for themselves.
    83. Try not to pay attention to the laughing in the back...yes, they are laughing at you, so don't pay attention.
    84. When you leave the waiting room, you are good topic of discussion among the patients that can't stand you.
    85. Enterprise Rental Car employees are a step up, because at least they sell car upgrades to drug dealers (you scratch my back, i scratch yours; wink wink)

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

86. Buy a comfy pair of kneepads.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Enterprise Rental Car!

I guess its a decent start. But, when upper management says that Enterprise prepares you for high end sales is kidding themselves.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Beatles were musical GODS.
    Game of Thrones IS great entertainment.