Things I Have Learned Working in Pharma Sales

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, Oct 9, 2015 at 9:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When starting off your day, don't forget your telemarketer role and call on as many new doctors possible so you can make notes next to their name, and call them again later to remind themselves of you.

How about looking for parking? And parking down near bumble fuck lane. But before walking in to see the doctor, you pass by delivery boys on bicycles; turn on your remorse and compassion, especially since it's raining, all while crossing the street only to walk into Dunkin donuts and hand shlep the list of heavily scrutinized orders of dunkachinos and moca frap for the receptionist and the toilet cleaning lady.

Walking into the doctors office with a sign of relief; (soaked is not the word!) Handing over their coffee by name with a drenched arm; only to find out the doctor can't see me today. But can he sign?!?! Oh he doesn't sign?!?! Great I love being a delivery boy. Free coffee and no tip, and no signature. Heck even delivery boys have it better than me.

How about driving a half hour to your best writing doctor only to find out he's on vacation?

Feel free to post....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Its always profits over the people.
    2. We are a cult!
    3. Let's hire recent college graduates because we can mind control them.
    4. Let's take care of the managers first, and scratch each others backs.
    5. Let's get rid of anyone that questions the way we do business.
    6. Downsize whenever we need to raise our stock price quickly.
    7. We buy the business still, and always will.
    8. Doctors are the easiest professionals to manipulate and we manipulate them well.
    9. Role plays are necessary to demoralize people and keep them mind controlled.
    10. Let's hire women that are hot because the doctors listen to hot.
    11. Don't hire anyone too smart, because they can see that we are full of crap quickly.
    12. Start the college grads with a company car because its great bait and cheap.
    13. Let's have field ride evaluations to control the sales reps further.
    14. Always keep the sales force in perpetual fear of losing their jobs.
    15. Micromanage, micromanage, micromanage.

3. Pharma is a joke, duh!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I learned the UPS guy is more respected and welcomed at the practice then I could ever imagine.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's only a joke if you don't know how to sell. It's people like you who have ruined the reputation of our industry.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love this quote cuz it's true. Although I'm sure our docs appreciate a consistent sales message.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Feel free to mind your own business before you get hurt.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only selling that takes place in pharma, are the ignorant people who have to "sell themselves" into convincing that they are actually selling. With an actual sales job YOU can count the number of contracts, items that you sold at the end of each day. You KNOW what your commission income is going to be at the end of each day by knowing what you sold. Pharma "selling" is based on contrived numbers, and contrived commissions. When the bubble bursts, and it will for most pharma reps., you may find yourself in a position to have to actually go SELL something. Good selling!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

another idiotic post.
    thanks for wasting our time.
    All industries are full of shit. You should know OP, you are full of shit.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

find another job. nobody cares about your tactics. moron.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey moron, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is all that matters. You get paid to type BS on here, right?

F off, and get a life.

The only "real" sales jobs are commission only anyway, dick head.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In a real sales job you can actually decide not to sell something to a prospect if you don't want to. In pharma, they can write your shit wether they like you or not or they have samples or if they don't have samples or your product. It don't matter who their rep is or what the rep does for them.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would argue that every Rx of savaysa that is written by your doctors represents one of the greatest feats of selling in the industry. If you can get a customer to jump through the hoops for this dog - you ARE selling.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right on! #14

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. Make sure you get enough signatures.
    17. Lots of signatures equals job security.
    18. Take all the credit when things are going good.
    19. Blame the POD when things are going bad.
    20. Please the manager at all costs, even it it means losing your professional integrity.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know who you are, AHOLE.

Have fun with your pathetic life.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One more thing, Richard…stop cutting and pasting, and formulate your own thoughts.

You are a classic follower, whose ruin is well deserved.

Have a great weekend!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

21. We can always count on annoying reps like the poster above to stay in our industry because they will do everything they can to keep their jobs, even if it means back stabbing others or sleeping with the manager.
    22. The doctors really don't like us.
    23. Its a good way to ruin a career.
    24. You have to sell your soul to the Devil to stay in.
    25. We know our products stink, but we are brain washed to that fact.
    26. Fake clinical studies are common.
    27. Training is a mind controlled factory.
    28. We sell expired drugs to 3rd world countries.
    29. Fines are just a part of the business model; its all about ROI, baby!
    30. Mangers here are the best slaves money can buy. Reps are second.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

go back to your ant castle.