The Merger isn't going to happen with Sorin

Discussion in 'Cyberonics' started by anonymous, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.repubblica.it%2Feconomia%2Ffinanza%2F2015%2F07%2F27%2Fnews%2Flo_stato_chiede_a_sorin_di_fermare_la_fusione_con_cyberonics-119890248%2F&edit-text=&act=url

It appears that Sorin has too much baggage for us, they owe 3.4billion euro's for an environmental clean up from a decade ago. A huge coverup that went on for 6 years of dumping toxic waste into the dirt. There is no way that our shareholders will approve this merger with that kind of baggage. I read on another site that "if" it still happens, best case scenario is end of Q4. I see 3 options.

1. The shareholders approve it anyway and the liability follows LivaNova and we (Cyberonics) are financially screwed for something we had nothing to do with.

2. They litigate it and the court changes their mind (highly doubtful) but that will take forever and will last years. This baggage has been with Sorin for 15 years now.

3. The merger doesn't happen. (most likely).

What are your thoughts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place smells as bad as LL with no serious oversight.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is LL?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LL is Lumber Liquidators, and if you think LL was bad look at Sorin. I worked with them for many years and I have never seen such a totally F'ed Up organization. The management in the US are a bunch of rejects from BS and are only in it for themselves, a lot like everyone else in this industry.

The guys at the top like Balister are a bunch of crooks and mobsters. These are bad people run by more bad money and mobsters that won't disclose anything to anyone until backed into a corner and then they come out shooting and try to put different lipstick on the same PIG.

Cyberonic is no prom queen but if you get in bed with Sorin they'll wake a broken crack whore.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess the stock holders are not very happy with the way things have gone. Two totally dysfunctional companies run by crooks with bad products and no support.

Can you say "Karma"?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ballester, Andre-Michel makes $1,435,127.09 / year in compensation

Mr. Andre-Michel Ballester is Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director of the company. Since 14 September 2015. André-Michel Ballester is the current chief executive officer of Sorin and was appointed to this role in September 2007. From 2004 to September 2007, he was president of Sorin’s Cardiac Rhythm Management Business Unit. André-Michel was, from 2000 to 2004, Corporate Vice President EMEA, Asia and Latin America for Edwards Lifesciences. André-Michel spent his professional background in Edwards Lifesciences and Baxter, where he participated in the successful spinoff of Edwards Lifesciences from Baxter. For over 10 years prior to Edwards’ spin-off, André-Michel held several executive positions in Baxter in Europe and in the USA and was appointed president of the CardioVascular Group, Europe in 1997. Currently André-Michel also serves as Independent Director of the Board of Carmat SA and of Mauna Kea Technologies, listed med-tech French companies. In 2012, André-Michel was appointed as a ‘Chevalier dans l’ordre de la Légion d’Honneur’ (“Legion of Honour”) in France. Born in Orleansville, Algeria, and raised in France, André-Michel received his M.S. degree in Engineering from Ecole Centrale, Lille, France, and his M.B.A. from INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France.

BASIC COMPENSATION

Total Annual Compensation, GBP $220,219
    Restricted Stock Awards, GBP --
    Long-Term Incentive Plans, GBP --
    All Other, GBP 861,670
    Fiscal Year Total, GBP $1,081,890