The downfall of Merck

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jan 19, 2016 at 9:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at the stock price from 2001-2016. This is 15 years of failure. Who is held responsible?
    William Harrison from JP Morgan has done nothing but oversee failure. He should be the first to go. We need a new board and new senior leadership. Ken is just not getting the job done. He needs to resign. This stock has turned into a disgrace. Why did Perlmutter come back? What has he done? Answer: Nothing. 15 YEARS OF FAILURE!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But Harrison wears a nice suit??

Who cares?

This stock just SUCKS.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But, he went to the Hah-vard Law School. So, he must be better than the rest of us?
    He did a number on Penn State, and then continued to do a number on MSD.
    I see pictures of him drinking wine at art galleries, but I don't see him making speeches about stock performance? Not strange, but par for the course.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MRK will removed from the Dow 30 by 2019. Revisit this post 36 months from now.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CLEVELAND CLINIC LIED ABOUT VIOXX AND FUCKED EVERYONE!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

See, the inside story is that the Cleveland Clinic fabricated the Vioxx results. A simple black box warning was necessary-- not a recall. This caused Peter Kim to resign. He went to Stanford where he continued to delegate responsibility to underlings.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The upside of Merck is the complete elimination of a worthless sales force and contract rep replacement!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO Merck fucked with E. Topel and S. Nissen and lost 3 times.
    Get your facts rights.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO Merck fucked with E. Topel and S. Nissen and lost 3 times.
    Get your facts rights.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Dow is down so MRK is down. The Dow is up so MRK is down. WTF?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Receiving my dividends very soon, what a great company. Love it!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have reinvested the proceeds and will benefit financially. Great company!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A black box warning may have been all that was necessary, but MRK insisted that its "speakers" downplay the negative Vigor results at dinner meetings. The FDA got wind of the scheme, and the rest is history.

Moral: Accept the outcomes and move on.

PS: MRK leadership during the Vigor debacle thought they could smooth it all over, and they were so wrong. Didn't Advair have a black box warning? It survived and thrived. Not so for VIOXX.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone that would call Merck a "great company", well, is probably dumb enough to believe that. Merck is a horrible company, a horrible employer and a horrible investment. FU Merck.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once the 2016 downsizing is complete my returns will mount. A great and glorious company!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hiring Thomas L. Lyon III the third definitely contributed to the demise of the company. Hiring young, narcissistic suck ups who have no experience but their dads' were successful business professors is not a great way to bring in good leadership. Merck's fall from grace stems from placing young narcissistic, sycophants in leadership with no experience. The company is top heavy in these idiots.