The dog known as NUCYNTA

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Is NUCYNTA a bust?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2009.
  1. Yes, it is garbage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it is picking up and will be a winner!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK people, regardless of what Kool Ade you decide to drink, and what BS you decide to believe, lets face it, Nucynta is a FAILURE!!!!

One doc through me out, others tell me that they have written for it, but the patients bitch and complain and refuse to take it again.

When are they going to realize that this is a dead fish and we have to move on!

I am sick and tired hearing about these BS #'s that are coming from "nationwide" indications of how well the drug has picked up! All BS!!!

Most of the pharmacies in my territory don't even carry it.

Let's hope there is better things coming out of our pipeline!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sorry, but I need to preface that I am not drinking any Kool Aid, but I think Nucynta is really a great legitimate drug. Do I think the company has realistic expectations? No. Something like this will take time...but I do think it is a good drug. Promotion should have been done differently etc. But, I am not going to trash something thta I do think works well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nucynta is a OK drug but not a blockbuster drug. Realistically in each territory there are just a few consistent writers, and they are typically physicians who are being paid as speakers. Without them on board we'd be screwed. At some point the Rx's are going to begin to flatten out. Do we need this many reps selling this product...heck no. They can easily cut the sales force in half and have the remaining reps concentrate on the early adapters and try to expand from there....and still have plenty of time to be home by 3 pm.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think it's a bad drug either. Maybe it would have taken off better if it was a CIII or if it was competitively priced. Otherwise, it is a tough market and I just don't see Nucynta replacing Percocet anytime soon.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Cons:

1. Drug is a C-II

2. Drug is overpriced

3. Drug has a very short span, many patients say the pain relief lasts only up to 4 hours.

4. Drug is not on many formularies.

5. NOT a single person who is on Oxycontin/Opana will ever make the switch.

6. Too many people suffering from side effects, never want it re-prescribed.

7. Drug is being marketed in a laughable way!

8. Nucynta is just another drug that will come and go, in 2 years it will be forgotten!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok. So what about the pros. Why would I want to ask for Nucynta?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that the way it is being marketed is quite laughable! A lion with a rose in it's mouth? Get real. Emphasis on the dual MOA...who gives a damn. It really is similar to tramadol....and I know, I know, but it's a new molecule...blah blah blah.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because you want to pay $60 for a more comprehensive way to treat your pain. Percocet makes you sick and constipated.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmmm...so the provider that writes it for for will help me make a bigger bonus and if this particular physician is a speaker, I can grease his palms a little bit more by offering him an honorarium to speak to the nurses in his office about Nucynta for 2K at lunch time...pretty good huh.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have been reading too many sales aids. Have you ever taken Percocet? It is not a bad drug, and does not make everyone sick or constipated. With the economy in such a sorry state people are trying to save money where they can, every penny counts now. $60.00 a month is a lot of money when you can get an equally effective drug for a few dollars. I hope you are not using that argument with your practitioners.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's laughable are those stupid ass messages from Jean "not so nice" Nycz. Just stop it for crying out loud. Tell C4 to blow herself up!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we'r being told to sell-sell-sell the "message" on every call, to identify patients on every call, ask doctors to use higher & higher doses, to ask ask ask (beg) & then followup. Ahhhhhhhhh.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nucyntas great.
    Cry baby bitches. Im sorry we dont have a drug that sells itself. Heaven forbid you act like a salesperson and sell something. All you whiners want to be paid large sums to sell something that sells itself. OP is pathetic.
    I hate you all. Important people read this board and think this view is the view of the field.
    Its not true, Nucynta isnt the easiest sell, but good Doctors are writing it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a shit sales rep.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread amazes me. Nucynta has really helped patients in my territory. So what if earlyView is horribly inaccurate. This company treats me with persistant mental abuse, but patient success stories drive me every day. I am sorry that you are not seeing the same relief from pain that I am seeing in my territory. I was a skeptic at first and didn't believe the claims of substantial reduction of side effects and treating pain differently - pain relief where other compounds have failed. I now firmly believe in this drug and as usual our marketing is reactionary and not field driven. This is a good medicine. I am the last to drink the Jim Jones Juice!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not everyone posted negative things...I agree with you - that is why I posted #2. And yes, if it was an easy sell, then why the hell would they need us? You can be frustrated at the company and all their stupid tactics, but Nucynta is a good drug.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! I was being sarcastic.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Nucynta is a good drug also. Definetly not a failure. But it will be, next year, when the new $185M goal will be practically unatainable. I am sure you have had patients who have done well, as have I. However, if Nucynta is not competitively priced, it will never replace Percocet. Good MC and pricing is CRUCIAL right now. Without it, most likely, Nucynta will be nitched for patients who have failed on other pain meds.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, I seem to have lost my sense of humor. That was funny!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, the price is a killer. My biggest problem is when a doc tells me that he has had patients come back and refuse to take it anymore. It happens once, twice , three times, and the doc is turned off.