The Best Layoff RumorMill Story

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last year in ABbott Vascular Temecula, rumors of lay-offs were rampant and one day word was spreading that the Hub (The cafeteria on campus) was going to be closed on Wednesday. Next thing you, BAM, layoff date was that Wednesday. People were checking on the Outlook calendar to see if the Revise Dining room was closed on that date cause that is what TEM hr did when there was a layoff. Operators were asking their supervisors, supervisor were asking their managers. And management was dumb founded cause it was supposedly true the layoffs were on that date. The best thing was the rumor reached the Northern CA site in Santa Clara, AV headquarters and it force some rescheduling on their part cause everyone in TEM was distracted. HR even confirm this was one of the worst rumors that came about.

A last, Mother Abbott still got the last laugh because layoffs did occur in June and Oct last year and off course in Feb of this year.

For those of you who are still at AV-TEM, good luck but the current situation is not bright for you all, so I wish the best for you. And for those who are out, Congrats

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Solvay reps are safe

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got to love WARN Notice guy expect the CA EDD website to give him a heads up on the upcoming TEM layoffs this year. The layoffs did come in Feb 2013, but WARN notice wasn't posted until a month after the layoffs

What a Dumb A$s!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is the next big layoffs? We survive the earth qauke, but we might not survive the great Tsunami!!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. I can't find my darn fleshlight. Tick Tock.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go away troll

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Abbott approach is to make higher profits by squeezing the employees harder and harder. And what can employees do about that? Nothing at all. It's like free money pouring into the pockets of executives and shareholders!!!

I know a guy who knows another guy, who knows a girl whose cousin works for some guy, who used to work in Lake County, who knows another girl whose uncle (retired from abbott), who knew somebody, and their aunt works in a building in abbott park, and she knows the manager of a unit. I'm serious, I hear this BS all day long! But I grow more and more nervous as the weeks progress. Any word on the North Chicago site progression?