Talent genocide

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2015 at 11:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Complainer? Realist!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MC gone?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is MC?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hes the guy that got promoted to be a manager then the nsd within a month while he was conducting shady business practices in NY resulting in the departure of all the quality reps in NY that he screwed over.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So your saying he is unqualified? STOP! lol

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nailed it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that they lost another RM. New leadership, and the talent drain continues.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen less turnover in a brothel.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of turnover. Take a good look around here. Look at the folks who are still here after 5 years and focus on the ones who haven't been promoted. Why haven't they been promoted of let go?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What RM?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it matter? At this point we're just losing the under qualified who replaced the barely qualified. An above post wrote it best about the ones who are hanging around for years without a promotion.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It used to be that no one really left OraPharma....so there were no opportunities to advance. Therefore they started the inline promotions for those staying in their territories. Those who did become corporate account managers had to leave when they eliminated most of those positions. Those who became part of the school education program also had their positions eliminated. Manager positions for the most part have been filled from outside recently. Don't discount those who have not been promoted as not worthy but actually smart. There is better job security in staying where you are. Anyone can run up their numbers and get promoted leaving the new person with a territory that had been upsold. Being able to make quarter after quarter is a testament to sales ability. I don't understand the animosity towards the tenured reps. We used to look up to them and ask them for advice. OraPharma used to be a place where everyone actually helped each other so the company succeeded. But then there is so much turnover that most people really don't know each other anymore.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I'm told, that culture has been gone since J&J sold us. I wasn't here then but over the last 3 years, I've seen many of those people come and go. I've made a few friends that I'll always love but as a career move, this was an enormous mistake.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that last post. There is no culture, hasn't been since WS sold to Valeant. J&J had issues but OPM was a great place to work back in the day. Fast forward to now. Tenured equals GONE to Valeant's OraPharma. There is no respect for customers. There is no respect for patients. Push product (crap products in many cases) down your customers throats folks or you're out. Forget consulting, relationships and all of the things that made OraPharma a place where one wanted to work and where the field sales TEAM was respected by the dental community and colleagues. Now it's...Make the number and don't worry that you're the laughing stock. Make the number and don't worry that the products (except Arestin) either don't work or work poorly. Make the number and move on to shoving the next product down the next, unsuspecting dental office then run like the wind to make your next sale. Make the number and don't question the ridiculous goals. Make the number and do exactly what the s*** management tells you to or you're on PIP. Make the number, after all, it's all about the stakeholders. My friends, there is a light at the end of OraPharma. Trust this from one who found out and couldn't be happier. Run, run like the wind my friends. There are still alot of great folks at OraPharma who WILL be appreciated elsewhere. Just ask any of the 50+ people who left the company last year alone. I wonder if they can top last year's 50% turnover rate in 2015?