Synergy Contract looks solid!

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Jan 21, 2017 at 9:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Misinformed Synergy Investors, Bashers And Analysts
    Jan. 20, 2017 12:32 PM ET|Includes:Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SGYP)

Synergy Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SGYP) has just gained FDA approval for their superior drug, Trulance. Unfortunately, the stock is down heavily on the news, and it seems there is a lot of misinformation surrounding just about everything.

The major issue I have is from an article released by Jim Cramer's, "The Street". It should be noted that Allergan (NYSE: AGN) is in Jim Cramer's charitable trust fund. Allergan owns more than 50% of Linzess. In the article, it mentions that JP Morgan Analyst, Anupam Rama, who says, "A key difference is that the current CIC label does not account for pain symptoms, while Linzess' label does". You can find that article here:

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13960531/2/synergy-pharmaceuticals-secures-approval-for-linzess-competitor.html

The quote from the JP Morgan analyst is a prime example of the misinformation being spread. The only reason that the Linzess label talks about pain symptoms is because it is also approved for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C). Pain is associated with IBS-C and not chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC). JP Morgan should expect more from their "analysts". Synergy plans to file a sNDA for the IBS-C indication soon. Approval for IBS-C would be expected in early 2018.

The Street article also mentions that the labels for Linzess and Trulance are the same. The article goes on and notes the side effect of "severe diarrhea" for Trulance. Diarrhea is a side effect for every gastrointestinal drug known to man. Severe diarrhea was seen in 2% of Linzess patients and 0.6% of Trulance patients. See below an image of the differences between these labels:

[​IMG]

Other differences between the labels involve taking the medication. One can't crush and swallow Linzess, but patients can crush Trulance and take with apple sauce if they're unable to take medication by swallowing the pill whole. Linzess must be taken on an empty stomach with your first meal coming 30 minutes after taking Linzess. Trulance can be taken at any time of day and with or without food. Linzess also has a strong warning for pregnant patients, while Trulance does not. To call these two labels the same is almost comical.

Investors are also concerned with the fact that Synergy needs to raise cash. It is most advantageous to do a raise when the share price is high. Right now, the share price is not high. An at-the-market, or ATM offering, wouldn't make sense now because a higher share price means more money can be raised. This company, led by the Gabriele Cerrone team of co-Founders, was built to be sold from day one. Gary Jacob, the CEO of Synergy, just adjusted his bonus if the company were to be sold for greater than $2 billion. Even if the company isn't sold I trust the commercial plan for Synergy. Synergy has hired top talent from Shire, Allergan, Pfizer and Salix. Salix was a GI powerhouse and Synergy has those same aspirations. Also, no analyst has ever taken into account the number of patients who would leave Linzess for Trulance. Patients are not happy on Linzess. To close, who's to say Synergy won't attack the OTC market?

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/41800456-andydufresne/4951897-misinformed-synergy-investors-bashers-analysts

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salix was a GI powerhouse..LOL ROFLMAO!!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It wasn't?

Xifaxan
    Resistor
    Apriso
    MoviPrep

Etc

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This!^ yes!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

too bad no Publicis rep will ever selling it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why is that?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because the sale to Shire is a done deal.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I keep reading this on here, but it hasn't happened. Why doesn't Shire announce prior to our start dates? I've already put my two weeks into my current employer. Shire also does have a PCP sales force and have been reducing the size of their GI sales force, shifting Lialda reps to Gattex which is more rare disease focus. Even if Shire is to acquire Synergy during this transition, they still need us reps to launch this drug. Shire doesn't have the field sales forces lined up to do it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hate to burst you guys bubble but Shire recruiting GI people and regionals are being hired online. managers interview in DFW with synergy were sending candidates to Shire fyi ..... yeowsa!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm guessing you're the same guy that said that Shire would be announcing the Synergy buyout at the JP Morgan Health Conference and who keeps posting that you have inside information about Shire buying Synergy. I can only speculate that you tried to get hired on this contract and weren't selected, so now you spend your time here trying to spread fear. I hope you find work soon, or at least get passed over for another position so you can exert your energy somewhere else. Good luck.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are SO far from the truth. Shire has MORE than enough sales reps to launch this drug. They have absolutely NO need for a contract sales force. Why do you think that they are giving the managers and trainers a 3 month severance package? If you left/leave a non-contract sales position for this role, Huge mistake.
    If you are currently on a contract job or recently displaced from one, no worries, another contract will come along.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

110% accurate. Shire has the deal AND the sales force. If you left a non contract gig for the Publicis position call your manager and see if you can get your old job back.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Synergy just announced a public offering for 125M.

I assume Publicis will be selling Trulance in the near term. Start date Feb 6th?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you worked here, you would know when the actual start date was

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And since you don't, don't troll for info

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just got laid off. Would love to get on this contract. Have all positions been filled? When is training? Waiting for callback from recruiter.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All jobs already filled, too bad you missed out! Job will be opportunity of a lifetime, launch best-in-class superior drug!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Superior to what ? The studies were done vs placebo.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

apply ironwood

Far superior job and not contract