Symbicort

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jan 12, 2016 at 7:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When does Symbocort go generic?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe it's sometime in the first half of 2017.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will have to worry about a generic Advair before Symbicort goes off patent.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Crestor this year, S-XR in 2017, generic Advair around the corner? Considering that these three products (Crestor, Symbicort and S-XR) account for ~85% of company revenue, AZ is screwed. Expect massive (yes massive) layoffs around December or this time next year. Just a hunch.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It ain't going to take that long. Cleansing is happening now and then the real impact will be felt in the fall. Fall is an appropriate season for what is facing us. I am just glad that I am at the age that I could retire with full benefits and am hoping for a package to do what I want to do anyway.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 5591789"]It ain't going to take that long. Cleansing is happening now and then the real impact will be felt in the fall. Fall is an appropriate season for what is facing us. I am just glad that I am at the age that I could retire with full benefits and am hoping for a package to do what I want to do anyway.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. I wonder how many people would jump that are close to where you are if they were willing offer early retirement packages. Let's say within 3-4 years of hitting the magic number. My guess is many would saving a lot of the younger crowd from the layoff gallows.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless a generic company wants to first duplicate the disuks/symbi device, then run studies to demonstrate non-inferior efficacy, there will be no generic respi inhalers anytime soon.
    but, SXR, CREST...look out!
    Maybe the gout drug will save us. Or AZ could do another DUTOPROL or VIMOVO - those were BLOCKBUSTERS!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the article in post #4. The FDA actually instructed Mylan on what to do to get their device approved! You will see a generic Adair with an approved device this year.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OH snap!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are the patents that protect Symbicort still in place? Or has a generic company just not be able to manufacture the product?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those three drugs are 40% of revs, not 85%. Given they are off patent in some regions, the right figure is US sales as % of total, which is closer to 20%...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Generic advair non inferiority study recruitment is happening now. Come 2017 that market is toast.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! This is pure AZ kool aid to keep the masses calm.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MAN OVERBOARD!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company will lose to generic Advair. They are still l losing to branded Advair because their brand team is the biggest joke in the industry.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Adair going generic doesn't make a damn. We've all sold in generic markets before and we'll have to again but what really matters is when does Symbicort generic? That's the real end of the road

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

generic anything doesn't matter. Breo is taking over.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, a 20% hit in revenues, with no near term replacements, is nothing to worry about. Face it you guys are toast.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ corporate and senior leadership are a joke. GSK is always going to be the best at marketing inhalers.