Sustainability

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, May 6, 2015 at 8:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh God this ship is sinking fast. I dont know how much longer this division will make it through. I believe the reprocessing days will soon be a thing of the past.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Care to elaborate?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not just Stryker's reprocessing division, same thing at SterilMed. It will all be dissolved or sold.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The days of reprocessing are over. OEMS' have really upped their game and have spent tons of money developing technology that ensures their product can not clear FDA 510K for second time use. The ship is sinking fast

5. Its obvious none of the previous comments on this thread know much about the reprocessing industry. I am a former engineer tat left in the fall for another company. Stryker's reprocessing division has grown in $$ every year and when I left we had several products slated for release in the next 12-15months. So, it is true that growth will be slower as OM's tighten up language in contracts that will also make it harder, it is also true that there are a few thousand possibilities to choose from.
    No device, is to tech savvy that it cannot be reprocessed.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was and is true. Solid product launches and the business is way up. More to come this year as well.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huntleigh took back most of their sleeve business and non-invasive business will always be tough. Being a rep sucks at times because it is always a fight in the OR, but if you can hit goal each year, you will make good $$ and it can be semi-stable. Always a look for new business is key.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are SSS reps eligible for benefits in the Garbage Collectors Union?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm hoping that when i have surgery I get a reprocessed device and I'm hoping that it was used on a patient that had something deadly like Aids or Hep C. Hmmm to know that the hospital saved a few dollars, my insurance paid full price, and my health was put in harms way is comforting.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is such an uneducated post. If you have spent any time in the OR you would realize that most of the surgical instruments used in trays are reprocessed in SPD in the basement- there is very little oversight and high turnover because they pay those people minimum wage.
    So to address your brutally dumb post- yes I would rather have a Stryker reprocessed device than the shi$ coming up from the basement of these hospitals.
    And if you get HIV it will probably be from one of your dirty docs you've been "servicing".

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ligasure sales are getting destroyed by these clowns.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good god you're a moron...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A Blonde girl named Ellen still running around Philly? Shes clueless..........

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trash collectors.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After all, we all know what SPD really stands for: Stupid People Downstairs!!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been offered a position with SSS as a collection technician in the south central area. I originally thought I was interviewing for full time W-2 position. But when I was given an offer it was as a 1099 part time. Does Stryker reimburse any expenses for 1099 reps? if I did take this offer that is.. Also, are most of these positions filled as W-2 or 1099?