Sustainability Division Salary Range

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone help me out on a range for this division - account manager position? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hearing 1.2M base.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on the territory, but it's competitive with other division pay structures. It's a good division to work for, the demand from the healthcare market is there, and if you pay attention to the economics/politics of healthcare, this division of SYK will do very well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acct Manager: 30-70k base range, mileage reimbursement at IRS rate, expense card, 4% commission. ask what the typical monthly quota is for your potential territory.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

most account managers in this division make well under 100k.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will be underpaid until Stryker cuts all the dead weight management they inherited from Ascent. Once they get rid of those idiots the sky is the limit for them.

They have an idiot running one of their divisions that comes from materials management. He has zero medical sales experience. But, trust me, he knows everything. The guy is a napoleon puke! Great idea, but terrible Ascent Management still in place.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Stryker offer a base salary? I was told ortho reps are commission only.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'one point two million plus miles'.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL....I think all of the rest of Stryker helps pay dues for this division

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably no college degree either, that's also not uncommon in this division.

The reality is that as bad as the overall talent level is in the sales force, it's even worse within their operations/"R&D"/marketing teams. They've been fairly successful for a while, but eventually the music will stop and J&J will either play hardball, OEMs will drop prices dramatically, or hospitals will find easier ways to save money.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know managers in this division that LIE and say they have a college degree.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a sales manager fibbing? impossible!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I live on the West Coast and heard similar numbers about the NJ team. Probably accurate.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cali just as bad....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel bad for all the new people coming into sustainability. You do not realize what you are getting into. Its a mess!! I know you are probably hungry to get into device sales and stryker looks pretty on a resume so you will take the job. 2 years down the rd you will want to jump off a bridge. As a Rep you can make 150-200+. It is very attainable to make that kind of money but it's not worth the nightmare. You have to collect used medical devices to have product to sell... gross. Surgeons do not repsect you. Your devices are a tie... by that I mean you are selling old technology and your selling a surgeon on the cleanliness of the device. Sad. If you want to be a real medical device rep then don't go here. You are not providing clinical value to anyone. You are not respected. If anything it is a good first device job. Stay a year or 2 tops and get out. The only benefit is the big pay check but being here makes you want to take a paycut to leave. It really is bad. I felt extremely blind sided from what I was told I would be doing when I got hired to what I was actually doing. There is more turnover here than any other division bc we are all college educated and too talented to be there and it takes a bit to truly understand that. Ascent did not require a college degree to work here and for the most part those people have all been fired. But now you are bringing it top talent and losing them once they realize this is a sinking ship. What surgeon is going to want to talk to or take advice from someone they see pulling sharps containers from the OR? None. The people there are good but they are told somehing different about the job during interviews. Its really a shame. With that said. I started my career here. I moved onto an OEM position with a big device company. Im tons happier and definitely feeling bad for those people still stuck at SSS. Just honest feedback.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Manager in FL tells customers he came from Endo and just came to sss to help grow it. So sad. He actually came from Imaging which was another unsuccessful division that got sold off. He lies about everything bc he's sad about who he is... Dr. Phil moment.

Sorry DS. A lemon is a lemon bro.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Comp changing in 2017. Top sales representatives will be making over 300K. Average rep will be making 180k.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound subpar

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In response to this I must say, yes collect used medical devices can be "gross" However, with the current candidate demands in medical device sales, this type of position can be a great way to get your foot in the door for medical sales. I never worked for SSS, but did start my career in medical device with my first job in SUD reprocessing. I'm now where I want to be, and in between what I'm doing now and when I sold reprocessing I did work for a Fortune 500 company selling implants. I've yet to have any surgeon not respect me for starting my career in SUD reprocessing. And I'll tell you one thing, which the changes in healthcare reform and every medical sales rep trying so hard to "find value" in what they sell or a "solution to a problem their surgeon/hospital customer" needs are. Because of my experience with reprocessing I'm blowing my number out of the ballpark. The reason being, when price gets mentioned I know how to save a hospital money and talk overall economic healthcare saving, and not just OR department saving for the the specialty surgeries I sell into now.

When everything we sell has a competitor that sells a very similar gadget. It's more difficult everyday to set ourself a apart. I easily can throw out how a 8 pack of sterile blue towels that every scrub tech opens 1-2 extra of to put under their blue basin "just in case" costs $40+ a pop and I quickly gain a higher level of respect by understanding cost saving. I will however be the first to admit on here that I do NOT go around bragging about my former experience in reprocessing, the reprocessing job is being more and more of a disrespected field everyday in OEM and half of the facilities mind. So instead I simply say "I started my career in specializing in hospital savings and cost analysis.

If they pay for a associate trauma rep with Stryker is closely equivalent to a SSS rep, I would recommend SSS, better quality of life and more useful knowledge to use for when those 1-2 years experience in reprocessing hits and you move on to greener pastures. However it's been a while since I sold reprocessing so things might have changed.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

College degrees are required and reps make $100-$300.