Sun Ophthalmics

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Apr 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who's throwing their hat in that ring?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

garbage company. Me2. Not Biotech, fly-by-night. If you have nothing going on and still work for Valeant or are about to get fired from Allergan and Alcon and are only going to work for a few more years, go for it. Try getting a job with a real biotech or pharma company after working for a 2 cent generic company. Good luck with that. Bye Felicia!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And Shire is biotech? You need to read the other thread related to this.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ummmmm, why? because they have another me too, nope, I think it's me three or four drug? Oh wait, it's unit dose because there is such a need. That's why all the other unit dose surgical drugs have done so well.
    I don't understand why any of us would leave already. We just accepted our jobs in the last month.
    maybe the dude who doesn't like KK should. good riddance.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you mean Dudes (plural) and Dudettes too. If everyone who had an issue left, you wouldn't have a company.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah but you won't have to deal with the micromanagement and ineptitude. I mean come on with those call cycle emails? Who doesn't know how to talk accounts and needs that? How did you get hired?
    You think it's bad now, just wait until there's a product. Pharmacy calls, color coding docs, constant dinner programs, calls will go up to 10/day.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Calls should be 10 daily, on average. We ARE paid to do a job, right?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, you are paid to move sales. If Shire's leadership wants to create a true "performance culture" then throw out any metrics that don't correlate to sales. Look how biotech does it. They don't care if you have 2 calls a day, as long as you are meeting your goals. All this nazi metric shit is doing is creating excuses for those who can't meet their numbers. If I come up short, I'll just point to the fact that corporate picked my Dr's, told me how often and when to call on them and provided shit managed care coverage!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could not have said it better myself. No metrics in biotech, no call avgs, no monthly or set manager ride alongs. Just get out, do your job and be done with it. Because they hire good, competent people who know how to do their job.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you guys monitored by signatures too or just entering calls?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No samples, no sig. Schedule 2

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hardly...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right now calls, but later I'm sure the wicked witch will do both. Because a measure of effectiveness is chasing down signatures (and checking boxes like we are now).....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep telling me how I need to be complaining for Shire paying me target bonus for doing 7 calls per day giving out my business card and not having to sell a product. Yeah, this really sucks.

As to metrics, as long as you are killing it on sales (once you have a product to sell), no one will say jack about metrics. If someone isn't on your target list here in a few months and you know they'll Rx your product and kill it for you, then do it and be the hero. But if calling on that doc 5x per month doesn't yield results over 6 months to a year, be expecting someone to ask if it's not time to focus efforts elsewhere. Speaking from almost 20 years in this industry, it's really not hard to put the ego aside and play the game. Wow, some of you really need some perspective. Please leave and go get a job either outside the industry or a device job. See you back here within 2 years.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So funny how completely ignorant people are. "No metrics in biotech". "Look how biotech does it". What fucking idiots! Do you even now what biotech means? There are plenty of biotech companies that have metrics, call averages, manager ride alongs, etc. You might want to do a little research because you really sound stupid. Biotech has nothing to do with those things. It's about the product you are selling and how that product is made.
    What a bunch of losers!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I noticed all the nationwide postings. Have they already completed the interview process for all of these?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I do, I've worked for some of the largest ones and your right it is about how the product is made.
    What I think this person is getting at is that the culture and mindset at many of these companies is drastically different than it is here. They don't base things around stupid metrics, they don't push reach and frequency down your throat. They let you run your business without all the check the box BS. Because that is a poor way of doing things. They don't have your manager breathing down your neck and riding with you every 4-6 weeks to check a box. (Especially when you don't have a product).
    It's more about the customer, and just doing your job bc it's YOUR territory and you know it best. Not oodles trackers, color coding (that was a joke), no call metrics or forced call #'s on a doc, conf calls or emails telling us us the SAME stuff ad nauseum (we all know how to synch our iPad)
    Then again they aren't stuck with Kathy and her antiquated ways.

As far as Sun, yes they have interviewed and some territories are still open.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Enjoy selling BS generic products that have zero value to MDs. Enjoy messaging managed care because that will be the job. Get use to your doctor telling you " I want to use your product but insurance wont cover it". Short sided turds that went to Sun to sell products in heavily generic markets. "Doc today I have a 10th generation prostaglandin for you, please write it or I'll lose my job"

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because going into offices with no product having them say come back when you have one is way better right?