Stryker Trauma

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What kind of financial opportunity is available in trauma and how is the compensation plan structured? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only thing guaranteed in trauma is losing pieces of your soul.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All kidding aside, it's not what it used to be. When I started here 7-8 yrs ago, it was 15% from Dollar One. Now it's 10% with no reimbursement for gas, tolls, cell phone etc. do the math: if you want to make $200k before the $15k per year (net) that you will probably spend on gas, etc, you need a $2M territory which you are not getting walking in blind unless you're bringing surgeons with you. Most reps in our region are between $1.3-$1.8M these days. For being on call 24/7, it's just not worth it anymore.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I appreciate the honest feedback. My current company's comp plan has changed several times this past year and not the most stable. In my territory Stryker and Smith and Nephew Trauma are both hiring and I'm unsure which to pursue. Are contracts normally in place for utilization which associated with certain GPO's?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smith and Nephew is really nonexistent in the trauma world. Surgeons pick what they use, not gpos.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a good surgeon can implant anything, regardless of the manufacturer. Do you honestly think the nails/plates differ THAT much? Get off your ivory tower and realize the times have changed. There hasn't been much innovation on the nails/plates over the past 10 years. The only reason a surgeon bitches and complains is because they don't want to learn something new, they have a great relationship with the rep and/or the mgr, or they're getting paid by said manufacturer.