Stryker Reps are Tools

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly thread...but can't help but jump in. The strength of your spew may get you through the interview but last I checked...you don't get paid for passing it...you get paid on performance in the field measured on sales. I have a good friend who leverages sports in every customer conversation and guess what? He's about to lose his job! He fails to recognize the interests of his customers and assumes everyone shares the same interests. Since 90% of your physicians probably never played traditional American sports and probably has a built in dislike for self-absorbed jocks...I suggest you bone up on golf, biking, hiking, skiing or you will lose the race.

Ex-military, Ex-athletes are old school desirable hires that assured recruiters a level of discipline but the face of successful reps are changing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the observation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everybody is different. I have not met one doc who didn't want to talk football. Couple played in college as well. Then there are some who love tennis and golf, if you have an ounce of intelligence, you talk about that around them. This is sales, you find "hot buttons" (so cliche I know) and you play off them. You have to be a chameleon of sorts. Couple that ability with everything posted before about why "jocks" are great hires then you have a winner. Again, all about the individual and we shouldn't be so quick to stereotype. I am clever and leverage everything I can to gain momentum. And I am very good at it. And I was a D1 football player. And I did have a 3.5 gpa. And I do have a smokin wife. And I am a top performer. Life is good.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i was neither an athlete, military or good student in school. I drank, screwed and drugged my way through school. Im a top rep in my branch easily making $200k. btw - for all the ahters out there, I am growing business in my territory and not relying on business that I inherited. boo yah

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster from before. That is awesome! You prove my point exactly, it depends on the individual. Sounds like you are doing good. My territory is growing from a 3 share to 8 right now and
    I'm reaping benefits. No "inheritance" here either. It always pisses me off when certain reps do well and they are shitty and the only reason they get praise is because they came into a territory already established.

6. J Johnson

J Johnson Guest

Well I guess I am not one of the many. I grew up tough not an ideal childhood most receive. But that's okay because i'm better for it. I was a runaway at 14 never returned home nor did I even consider finishing high school. Worked odd jobs sometimes two or three (whatever I could get). Then one night hanging out with a group of people my age (22) at local bar we decided to go to a nearby house party. 30 mins into the party the police rolling in with the patty wagons. They were lining people up at door arresting them. Now I was of age but had nothing to prove my DOB. So I opted to jump out of a second story window. I land on uneven ground tib/fibbing my ankle. The surgeon who took care of me was the uncle of another one of the kids at the party so I guess he heard my story. The doc got me an interview for a runner position or associate position with Stryker Endo. I just worked my way up. I'm now 38 years old and still with Stryker but in a different position. I love what I do and I make good money doing it. I'm not rich but I can provide for my two boys better than I was provided for. So I guess my point is... OP your a huge DB.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like my life... and I too, ended up working for Stryker.. not because I was in Military, yes I was athletic as a child, only by my own training and competitive nature.. had no parents, lived in Juvi hall because I was out on my own on the streets at 15.. I too worked two or sometimes three jobs , put myself through school later in life,, providing for my kids on my own I pushed and pushed to get into Stryker, because, again, competition,, it was a challenge that I personally needed to achieve.. . I knew I wanted to work for them 6 years before I finally got in. Is it what I thought it was , no.. absolutely not..
    I have learned a lot from working at Stryker, in many areas of my life..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me say here and now - I am NOT a medical rep or a device rep, but have friends in teh field. We get a kick out of the Bs that gets spewed on this site and read it for laughs. Flame me if you want for what will follow, but you gotta know just how ridiculous some of your colleagues look out there.

I saw a fat-assed Stryker rep in the Knoxville airport yesterday waiting on a flight to CLT. He was probably the most slovenly looking person I have ever seen, but wearing scrubs. I think he felt a little insuecure and wanted to get the "hey, I bet people think I'm a doctor who is more concerned with saving lives than my appearance" thing going on. Talking beyond loud on his cell phone about cases and procedures and how tough his schedule had been that day.

Sad to see the lengths some people will go to for a little validation. Are all device reps this sad and pathetic?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, but this sums up a Stryker rep pretty well. Most are overcompensating for their shriveled balls from too much juicing. I'm surprised he didn't loudly declare his latest max on the bench.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree with you more about this!! I too took the Gallup poll and met with the manager. It is true that they want you "married to the job" and place it before anything else. How did I surmise this? The manager asked what "we" would do on a weekend. One clue, none of your f#$king business that's what. I told he/she what I do on an average weekend. He/She didn't seem to like my answer, but I could care less at this point. Needless to say I went through the motions throughout the rest of the interview waiting for that moment when they asked, "Do you have any questions for me?" I didn't move on or get the offer like in your example, but I didn't want it. I, like you, could've lied and impressed him/her to get to the next stage but I certainly didn't want to be a part of that culture. Before I get flamed for wasting my time and the manager's time, I wanted to personally see for myself it was true. If it works for some individuals then great and I wish them the best.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeremey is that You .

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hows that working for you BIG GUY

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I went through great lengths to work for Stryker. And proud of it!!! Years ago, when we worked for Stryker , the money was incredible... The name on my resume, set me up for life.. no longer there. Knew they were my stepping stone. HOO RAH HATERS !!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which Jeremy are you talking about?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which Jeremy are u talking about?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talkin about YOU . Could not cut it on the east coast , and not doing to well on the eats coast .
    Hows that working for you MMA want to be

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow....easy tiger woods....lol
    your accomplishments have been done by many in usga sanctioned events and pga tour events....wow...your my hero.
    the fact is that your scratch.......wow so am I and so is Thousands of golfers....
    i'm a scratch player and i only play 9 holes a week and can still maintain a scratch handicap with very very little practice. I'm a former college all american (at one time i had a lower stroke average in college than mickelson) I actually played with Phil in college multiple times along with many former college stars and now pga tour players. I have played in more professional events than you.....boner breath! Whoope shit about your mental toughness, apparently you weren't tough enough to make it any farther. If you want to get a set of balls....try making a living on tour....let alone any tour. You'll see what your made of!

If your so dam good, fly your $275k ass into kalamazoo, mi
    Meet me at Stryker Medical and we'll head to any course. And by the way there are alot of former Div. 1 players that reside in kalamazoo that i'm sure will wax your ass, including mine. Most of the time anyone on any forum has to boast about there athletic accomplishments usually is a hack...lol
    Heck why don't you play in the Stryker Outing...it's a cash event....pretty dam competitive, you might even get to play with a former football player.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dork!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dork this jackass

go shank a bucket of balls wannabe

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Stay Classy San Diego!