Stryker Reps are Tools

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex-athletes? Was does this mean.... It means that you were not good enough to make it pro. It means that you had a 2.0 GPA. It means that you are as dumb as a snail. Let's be serious anyone that knows athletes knows they are stupid. What sort of competitive advantage would you gain by hiring athletes. I got my MBA from Stanford and my B.S. in Biochemistry from San Jose State University. I currently make a great amount of money (275,000.00) in sales and work 40 hrs per week.

I don't understand why you would work an 80 hour week and brag about it. basically you are a tool and a slave to your employer and you have no life. Please, Please let me join your company to work 80 hrs a week and be treated like a piece of garbage. Quality of life is much more important than ex-athletes and 80 hrs a week.

I had an interview with Stryker, Took the Gallup poll, Met with the manager and director and was offered the job. I turned it down because I basically had to lie and make it seem that work was bigger than life, family and friends. In no sape or form did I want to be part of this culture. This is why Stryker can't get highly educated and strong talent only dumb as a door ex-athletes. Stryker is known for this hiring technique and are considered to be a joke.

BTW I played in three U.S. amateurs and 2 U.S. Opens. I will beat the hell out of any Stryker Rep when it comes to mental toughness. Hire 22 year old chumps that have no life and find working long hours exciting but by the time their 28 Stryker will kick them to the curb and look for the next set of recruits.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations on your golf achievements! Douche.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently intelligence and insecurity go hand in hand? You don't sound mentally tough. Obviously if you were offered the job, they don't just hire "athletes". You go through the interview process and claim to know what you know, spend your time interviewing and leaving a job where you apparently making 275k. Why interview tool bag? Congrats on wasting your own time. Stryker likes athletes because they usually have a competitive edge, confidence and a level of discipline that goes hand in hand with sales performance. A physician doesn't care about your MBA or how smart you think you are. They care about the level of service you provide. Many of the athlete's hired are scholar athletes, like many of the physicians they call on. No one I know has a GPA of 2.0, more like 3.5. The model works and is time tested. Stay bitter.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex-Stryker rep here. I have an MBA and sold to surgeons in the OR. Want to know a little secret? Not a single damn doctor EVER asked me what my educational background was. Never once did I say, "Hey doc, use my Stryker product because I have an MBA".
    And, didn't you say, "Let's be serious anyone that knows athletes knows they are stupid", and then follow it up with, "BTW I played in three U.S. amateurs and 2 U.S. Opens"? Guess you proved your point, moron.
    Oh, and I'm not an ex college or pro athlete. But, many of the Stryker reps I worked beside were. And, guess what, when they were in the OR they had the command presence surgeons want. That's the reason I was successful-- I wasn't timid or scared in the OR. It wasn't because I had my MBA.
    My MBA said I could crack open a book or three. My sales record showed I knew how to interact with my docs. If you hate the Stryker lifestyle/mentality, why did you go all the way through the interview process?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanted to prove to myself that I could get the job. My father is an orthopedic surgeon and he and all of his colleagues think that Stryker Reps are young, aggressive punks. The reason they use Stryker products is because they are the best and cover most procedures. The doctors use the products because it is a one stop shop. There is no selling going on just attending cases and assisting with surgical procedures.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP:

All you spewed is negativity. Are you that upset with Stryker that you had to jump on a Stryker forum so you can bitch about something? Christ, you sound like a stereo-typical snot-nosed rich kid that always needs to find Daddy's approval. Your original post should have read, "My Daddy and his friends think you and your friends are big dummies."

Why then did you interview with Stryker? Oh yeah, to prove to yourself that you could do it. Wow, really? That hard up for self-security? I read that as Styker may be a very difficult company to a) get to an interview and b) be offered the job therefore, this will be a test for me and if I pass I can have a party for myself and buy a new set of clubs.

For anyone to make a blanket statement about all reps in any company is just ignorant. Guess what clown, you're not the only person in the medical sales universe that knows the differrence between a boat a chair conformation of a cyclo-hexane ring so get off your "I'm smarter than you are" soapbox. You must have got beat up a ton when you were in high school and Daddy of course had to sue the kid that beat you up, you big golf stud!

Oh yeah, there is a big Mental Toughness competition going on in 'Vegas soon, it's a staring contetst between participants, I bet you're going to kill it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my daddy is a surgeon wah wah. I know your type. Probably had everything handed to you your whole life. It's quite obvious why your trying to get into device. So you can continue getting things handed to you ie business from daddy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are so great and talented (not to mention you said you never really wanted the Stryker job in the first place), then why did you have to lie to get the offer? What do you gain by that? You didn't prove anything to yourself. To claim that as an accomplishment is both pathetic and sad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rather than hiding behind the "anonymous" tag, why don't you post your name? I would like to do some fact checking. I got a feeling that 1) your job doesn't exist 2) You don't have an MBA from Stanford and 3) You never have competed in an athletic event your entire life.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of you are right...... This guy needs a life.

But he's right too.... Because everyone knows Stryker reps ARE, in fact, tools! Proving it yourself by even responding.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bitter, mad or jealous. I was just frustrated by the interview style and arrogance of the hiring manager. I understand that this industry is very competitive but it also seems to be very extreme. I believe Stryker hires ex-athletes that are very young because they are competitive and have no life outside of work. Now if this is the case (and be honest) I do not want to work for a churn and burn environment.

I do have my MBA, I did play collegiate division 1 golf and I have played in multiple USGA events. This is not a job where I can maintain my scratch golf index. Therefore it was not the right fit at all. I do respect the reps that work for Stryker but I feel their could be greater success if they followed a more long-term, professional, career driven business model.

Maybe I am wrong. But I feel I have proved my point by all of the bitter, negative feedback I have received on this post. It is one thing to be competitive and driven but it is another to be cocky, arrogant and selfish.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Your posts are increasingly hilarious. Keep going. I want to hear more about how you suddenly respect the people you call tools. And how you proved your point to yourself. Terrific. I wish you luck in your bold quest for your own approval in cyberspace.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so pissed at this thread that I just sucker punched my best friend who is a resident. At least I think he is my best friend although he never actually says my name. He just calls me Dude. Anyway I just cranked out a set on the bench, did some curls and now I am heading to the Surgeons lounge to hang with my best friends. You guys are all just jealous that I played linebacker at shitbag state and can bench press 340! My manager and I pump iron together and the residents love when I am around. hoooo rah

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

San Jose State says it all. That made me laugh.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So cool that you hang out with residents. WHAT A NERD!!!! Get a life. Who wants to hang out with residents. Dude, there is life outside of work. Are you serious, My best friend is a resident. I am hanging around the surgeons lounge. AT 24 years of age yiou need to sack it up and become a real man. DOUCHE

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

um have you ever heard of sarcasm numbnuts!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, I am not a Stryker Rep, but work for another Ortho company. You will never make it in this industry. Your Daddy was a Surgeon and you grew up in a country club with everything handed to you. You would crap your little plaid golf pants the first time a Surgeon yelled at you in the OR, so it is a blessing you didn't get the job.

If you want more of a work life balance, that is fine. But don't criticize people for being hard-working. Because with the money you can make in this industry, you can retire early. You do have to sacrifice, but the rewards are worth it to those reps who stick around. If you are picking a job because you can't maintain your golf skills, I doubt that you are going to be successful in anything.

Stick to golf and try selling pharmaceuticals.........wuss.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are criticizing ex-athletes for not being good enough to go pro, then why aren't you still on the tour? I bet you fold like a cheap suit under pressure. You are probably great on Thursday and Friday......and then the real you shows up on Saturday and Sunday.....loser.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off lets be serious. Golf is not a sport. There is absolutely nothing athletic about golf. If you really wanted to push the point then maybe hand eye coordination, but golf is not athletic at all. I myself play golf and don't consider it athletic. It is an activity.

The OP is just jealous of all of the athletes that dated every girl he couldn't, had all the friends he wanted, and probably kicked his ass every day. His frustration/hatred is toward athletes, not stryker reps.

Now to get Stryker's back. How is it a bad decision for them to hire ex-athletes? I admit some athlets just like some people are dusche bags. Take the OP for example. I hate this company because of such reason. Now listen to how smart I am, how many holes of golf I can play, how much money I make, and how rich my daddy is. pretty much the picture in the dictionary for dusche bag. That being said, The athletes that aren't stuck in high school lala land turn out to be a prime example of an excellent sales rep. They are usually very personable because they have had to deal with a number of people on a team for whatever sport they played, and don't kid yourself device is a relationship business. Athletes UNDERSTAND competition. Don't tell me that you can throw some bookworm with no personality or confidence into a very competitive situation where it is dog eat dog world and expect him to excel. He will get his feelings hurt and start complaining because more than likely he or she has not been exposed and experienced such a competitive experience. I'm not saying all athletes are great and all non athletes are terrible. I'm just saying that having an athletic background is a SOLID foundation to being a good sales representative and if you talk negative about a company because of this reason alone, you are either a jealous insecure person or just plain ignorant. Last I heard Stanford doesn't give MBAs to ignorant people.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with your post 100%, except for the "dusche" part. It's douche. I couldn't let it go twice. On Cafepharma correct spelling of douche is a requirement as it's so often applicable. Like in the case of the original posting by a total douche.