Stryker ORTHO/TRAUMA

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rest of you can suck it. THis guy is the only decent one who provided a good answer.... thank

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh honey, I understand it, but unlike you, I am smarter to find out what the job is going to be like before being thrown in the position. And as for you, I've had several interviews with the company. RUDE!!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I make it rain. xoxo Monkey

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is ortho/trauma the same as 'osteosynthesis' & "trauma and extremities"... or is that a different division?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Stryker Trauma for 3 years, then S & N for 2 and now I am going back to Stryker to take over a TKA territory.

it is hard work but the payout is well worth it.

Ortho is one of the best places to have a future in this industry because of the need that the hospital has of you.

Ethicon reps are never going to be a needed by the hospital.

you get your tail kicked in the beginning with ORTHO, but if you are smart and have a good attention to detail...you can make it. you need to take your licks before you get the pay outs.

in my territory there are at least 10 Stryker reps that have been with the company for over 20 years. if you do your job and get a few million dollars worth of customers that love you...they won't fire you even if you don't make your number.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Opening in the Hartford CT territory. Potential here? Appreciate any insight into position.
    Thanks guys.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If u are working under KM and VM, run far far away. VM is running that branch into the ground faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100mm dash. The only reason VM still has a job is because of a certain someone in corporate. These 2 clowns couldn't find their way out of a paper bag and should have been fired years ago.

As for the job itself, the territory is St Francis and that's it. VM got lucky to take that account away from Synthes but the truth is a bunch of docs there hate Stryker as do some of the administration and are in the process of getting Stryker kicked out. I believe the former rep was doing some unethical funny business and it's probably why the territory is now open. KM will probably sell you on working for a great bunch of guys, great culture, company, etc, but as long as VM is there, he will protect his veteran reps and you will be lucky to make $130k. And if St. Francis is really gone, don't waste your time.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your time and feedback.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is not really Vince as much as the AVP. He is a relic and is out to save his own job and stock options. Zero loyalty, he comes first, always but puts on a good show. Find another opportunity away from these clowns. This AVP doesn't have the guts to tackle the real problems like the old guys who run the Boston area--a part time job for them. In my opinion after well over 10 years at Stryker--a back stabbing culture starting at the highest level of Sales management. Just my opinion.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any insight on the Trauma position in Columbus, OH? Is this a high turnover territory?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys seriously work like dogs...on call, weekends and no vacation for how much? 130k...Maybe year 1 but not after....right?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To answer your question about the territory in Columbus, OH - I know they sell Ortho Recon, Trauma, and Spine through the 3 Rivers Distributorship. I am a Stryker Spine Rep, and met a rep during Spine Training from OH who had recently transitioned from Trauma to Spine. I know he called on Columbus and was able to build a $2M territory - based on my experience there are a lot of variables, it comes down to the list of docs you are given, and the hospitals they operate at. It is my understanding that the guys who run that distributorship are well respected, and run a solid business...sometimes a rarity with medical device distributorships.

Some things that would determine how "good" your territory is:

Do any of the hospitals your docs operate at have exclusive contracts with Synthes Trauma for ex. that would prohibit you from doing business in that space?

Is there "cap" pricing at any of the facilities that Stryker may not agree to Pricing Formulary?

How many of the guys on your list are currently booking cases with Stryker trauma?

How many older surgeons are on your target list? I don't know a ton about the trauma line but I do that certain systems only come in Titanium screws and plates, and that some older guys only want to use stainless.

I will say Trauma's biologics portfolio is pretty extensive - some of them Spine carries as well, and have been good "foot in the door" products that are less threatening than the metal. One thing to keep in mind - the avg trauma case bills out for probably $2-3K...so, you have to cover a TON of cases to build a $1M+ territory.

All the best.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above poster is incorrect in the first paragraph.

Columbus, Ohio is not a part of Three Rivers and the number being thrown out by this "former rep" who moved to spine are exaggerated.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must say, as a former employee from this area, the above comments are quite accurate. Don't turn your back. If you leave Stryker they will hang you behind the scenes. The comments I have heard about really good people are terrible. People were actually told to avoid any contact with one former manager with years of awards when he left. Low Class is a fair description of the management style in much of the Northeast from the highest levels.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above is accurate. I saw this a few years back with a really loyal, tough, stand-up guy. The AVP started throwing stones and had others doing the same. Kind of blackballed the guy. Trash people.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am currently in the industry but need to make the jump to bigger money. I know the sacrifice with trauma (on call etc.) I just want to make sure I am not jumping into a territory that has not been able to grow because of outside parameters.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's the new distributor? Or are they direct now?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were direct 20 years ago with a really good manager who came from NY who hired some great reps. I lost track after that guy moved on.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been direct since mid 2000's.