Strongest Division

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Jan 12, 2017 at 9:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you had a choose one division of Stryker sales which would you recommend based on best products vs competitors? I've heard NeuroSpine ENT/Interventional Spine are one of their strongest whereas sports medicine is probably their worst. Any input?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Endo, Ortho/Recon, NSE and IVS. In that order.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe Instruments too if someone dies and you can get in.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Power not Instruments. My bad

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stryker Sports Rep here. I have to totally disagree with the statement above about Sports being the worst. If you are a pussy, then yes, SYK Sports won't be a home for you. We release 10-15 new products every year. We have the one of the fastest growing divisions of Stryker with over double digit growth for the last five years running. We pay the highest commission rates in the company. We are establishing niche's all over the sports market and taking business from Arthrex competently and aggressively. Smith Nephew continues to be plagued by backorders, and poor sales execution, and their morale is the worst its ever been. Arthrex is forcing its distributors to add feet on the street to the tune of every 750k in growth whether they need the coverage or not. Mitek hasn't released a new product since I was born. Biomet Zimmer is in regulatory hell selling "Tasty-Freeze's" out of their ice cream trucks to keep the lights on in the sports market.

...I don't know take your pick on who is still having fun and growing their business??? We are. The company's board continues to invest in our division because of our execution on growing the PIVOT line 4x times its stated value at acquisition in just two years. The great thing is we have even bigger things coming down the pipe. The largest Arthrex distributorship in the country, PacMed, left and joined up with Stryker Sports Medicine. I could go on, and I'm sure someone will have a snappy rebuttal, but I love this division and I love this job and we are here to stay whether people on the outside realize that or not.

...let the "kool-aid" criticism begin...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More power to you if you love your job that's great. What are your thoughts on the power tools/instruments gig? Interviewing for that one...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely not Trauma, that division is a complete mess right now. Lot of turnover, new "direction" every couple of months ....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said!!

Amen

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what is the trauma commission rate? I'm in another implant division of stryker and am curious about the trauma division. I'm not interested in the capital equipment divisions but would consider an implant division. stryker trauma is killing synthes in my general area and jobs are opening up...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are the instrument reps paid? Is it purely commission or any base?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great base, great benefits, great company, not a great career unless you are the 1%. Enjoy making 90,000 a year..........and that's okay if you don't have a plan or career path.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and to follow up Stryker will never compete with Arthrex unless they buy them, and that will never happen. Great commissions on 40,000 in sales? PAC Med doesn't move the needle as much as you might think, glad they carry Stryker and have poor product representation but higher commissions.and might do well but 15 products a year is a joke. Especially for such a big company, who else will they buy to increase stock price?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is the cmf division here compared to their competitors?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told by a recruiter you start out being paid on the current business in the territory as essentially a "base" pay and this current territory would pay about 120k base and 220 at plan. I have a hard time believing it regardless of how unsustainable or sustainable it could be...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you have a vague guarantee of $120k base and then the hopes of yours but the expectation of the company, that you pull in $220k. Problem is what metrics are they computing that figure with? The answer is the average of the country which basically means nothing? You can't predict whether you'll be average, above average or below average. You have no idea what shape the territory is in.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The rep who moved on was in the territory for 10 years and took a management position in a different division. Will be reaching out to him.