Status Update Primary Care

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Nov 11, 2015 at 7:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone from home office share with us what the heck is going on? Layoffs or realignments or local targeting. Timeline for this to happen? Another holiday event to look forward to.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another PC thread said layoffs by end of 2016. That's a whole year. Personally, I thought it would be much sooner than that.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok you are pulling me out from under my protective HQ rock...
    nothing planned for this year, sit tight. Sights are on other teams where integration is going on.
    keep calm and sell on.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry I don't believe it. CTLs are tight lipped and I believe Primary Care will get news in early December. Everything needs to be buttoned up and things have gone quiet.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's happening soon

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They're hiring.....adddddddddons.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The conversion to complete contract begins Jan. 1. Announcement very soon. No x/Merck employees will be considered.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why are they hiring new reps if they're turning contract? Is it the get more for less approach?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster 7 makes no sense they are not going to that on s national scale. Perhaps in specific geographies but doesn't seem plausible. Something that big could not be kept quiet.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The announcement will occur the last week in Dec..

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Riad wants to be sure people are working right up til the end.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck Employees aren't eligible for a contract position till 1 year post separation from Merck. Merck, isn't going to allow recently laid off employees to "Double Dip"; getting their severance & getting additional payment on a Merck contract.

I personally think it's stupid because Merck could avoid training cost by hiring a employee who's already trained on the product. But maybe Merck feels a recently laid off employee will take a contract position (pay cut) while still looking for a better paying job elsewhere & jump ship a few months post being hired as a contract rep. Who knows?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a nice Christmas gift!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One poster said we are going full contract effective January 1. That would involve a lot of people nationally, and would require the 60 day WARN layoff notice to employees. It can't be January 1st, or we would have ben "WARNed" on November 1.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that happens and you keep some sort of job it cant be that bad.
    Its being cut and dropped in the unemployment pool that's the big problem.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck can lay you off on January 1st and pay you thru March 1st during the WARN period. As long as Merck pays thru the WARN timeframe they will be ok.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That would be nice, but I do have a feeling it will be later in 2016. Maybe they will cut managers first and then reps after that. It's anybody's guess. Friends from HQ, do you have an intel to share?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't the company completed "shut down" the last week of December? I don't believe this statement is true. It just doesn't make sense.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They can do whatever they want whenever they want. What does the closing the last week of the year have anything to do with it?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. Maybe they will notify us on December 16th that the effective date is December 31st. The big concern is that Ken wants to take another chunk of expenses off his books before 2016.