Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's the distributor in the Atlanta area? Anyone know how the Atlanta territory is doing with this company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Atlanta distributor, which did about 30% of the Spineology business, ended his relationship with Spineology, and took aboput 90% of that business with him. Say away from this house-of-cards!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dan McPhillips, don't you have better things to do trying to keep this ship from sinking, than posting B.S. (and it is truly B.S.) on a message board???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps in Ohio are related to surgeons

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh wow, that's no bueno.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not quite accurate. The Atlanta distributor was fired and despite that fact Spineology had the best year they have ever had in 2010. You may want to read the shareholders reports.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Spineology hire people who have declared bankruptcy? I know that most companies are not due to company credit cards, etc... Does Spineology do credit check? Issue company cards?
    I know that many people have had bad luck, but many have mismanaged money or worse. I was a victim of a downsizing and hit hard times. Just curious, as I am looking at Spineology.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so full of sh*t! The Atlanta distributor dumped Spineology, and took most of his doctors with him, as well as Spineology's biggest surgeon in Michigan! Does telling lies about this joke of a company make you feel better?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have been using Optimesh for 2 years now with very good results. We had been and still are working with both MIS and open approaches using PEEK cages. We began to use allograft in the cervical spine because of the endplate contact and ingrowth that will not occur through the plastic of PEEK. Very good results with cervical cortical/cancellous allograft in terms of fusion as early as 6-8 weeks. Thought the idea would translate well in the lumbar spine, having a cancellous interface for osteoblasts to lay bone into. We us The optimesh introduction using a TLIF approach is nice as neuromonitoring is quiet the entire time. The surgeon has to pick the right candidates for optimesh as it works best for DDD and indirect decompression. The current standard of TLIF is PEEK cages, and the drawbacks are endplate disruption, adjacent neural irritation when passing the cage, pseudoarthrosis, and difficulty with placement or even cage rotation. When properly placed and proper fixation (pedicle screws and rods), fusion rates between PEEK and optimesh are eqivalent if not better for optimesh given its greater porousity. The off label use argument doen't hold much water given how widespread Infuse is used in a off label fashion.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, so surgeons should not worry about the off-lable use of the Optimesh in fusions, huh? Tell that to the Michigan surgeon who is being sued by three different patients who have had a pseudoarthrosis caused by the Optimesh failure. Attorneys all over the nation will be all over this soon, just like they are for Infuse.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked my lawyer friend to check to see if there are any pending lawsuits against Spineology in Michigan and he said there were none. Two old ones from 04 and 08 (other states) and neither one of those were for poor clinical outcomes. One for distributor and the other a patent infringement.

Just an FYI

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is an open position with Spineology in the south that I was contacted about. Curious how you can sell this product if it is off label? They have a sales force but no FDA approval for interbody? Then how do you sell it? Sounds like they keep saying approval is coming soon?
    Would like the inside story before I waste my time with this company.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just an FYI. Spineology may have not been sued in Michigan. However, there are surgeons being sued for using the Opitmesh procedure. Pseuodoarthrosis is the prime cause of the lawsuits since this procedure is not reliable. I do not understand why hospitals allow this procedure since it is not FDA approved. However, if the surgeon performing the procedure is Chief of Staff or practically owns the hospital, I guess the hospital will turn their cheek for the revenue. It is my understanding the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is denying all claims for the Opitmesh procedure, since the failure rate is so high and the patient needs additional spinal fusions to correct the failed fusion using the Optimesh procedure.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospital across the nation are now banning the use of the Optimesh as an interbody implant. The FDA has imposed a BLACK BOX in the product labeling specifically prohibiting the Optimesh from use in this manner. Hospitals do not want the liability risk. Off-lable use is one thing.... but a BIG BLACK BOX is much more imposing. The layers salivate over failed surgeries using this product.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former Spineology sales rep, who left a couple of years ago. My surgeons who used the Optimesh as an interbody implant with lumbar fusions are now seeing about a 50% pseudoarthrosis rate! Obviously, I have had a "lot of 'splainin to do"!