Spectocor

Discussion in 'Cardionet' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2014 at 7:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's up with the personal attacks on here? It takes away from the discussion.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These are not personal attacks. These are views on a message forum. Sadly, It was a discussion that was started by cardionet and ended up being a vent board for people on the inside with first hand knowledge of the level of distrust, anger, misrepresentation of truth on behalf of the company to its staff, sales teams and others, including clients. The facts are simple. The chancery court will rule soon and Joe will have to find a new device or have his new device ready to launch. POCKET TECG is gone from Spectocor one way or the other. His contract will not be renewed. He still has a pending DOJ inquiry/Investigation or whatever you want to call it. Its not over yet, although he tells people it is. He is trying to stop the sale of Medi-Lynx to Medicalgorithmics for 34.7 million. Joe is trying to get private equity money to help him buy back what he sees was his to begin with. Sadly its a high price that many don't think he will be able to raise. He has called into question the true value of Medi-Lynx to stall the process to try and raise funds. With a potential outstanding DOJ issue, which I am sure he has to disclose, poses issues for traditional banking loans. They continue to teach clients to use the highest level of care (telemetry), regardless of the payer policy on telemetry use, putting all of the clients at risk for not properly training clients on its proper use. This is the type of behavior that causes issues and flags. But he doesn't care, its about the almighty dollar which he spends faster than Grant taking Richmond!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen brother amen! Well stated!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its a shame either way you look at it. I know a few reps that were left with nothing with the way Spectator fell. I can also tell you that many on the Medi-lynx side are also hurting. Their fearless leader TS is a worthless POS. He would sell out his own mother for his own benefit. Yet he will fall under a golden parachute when the ax finally falls. I just hope those who were left in the dust can find something soon.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would the axe fall at Medi-Lynx? If Joe can't block the deal, isn't it smooth sailing for them?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are playing so many games with their billing and when they get caught, the steroid king will then fall. Physicians have already questioned the reps and has lost accounts over this. This time only NSAIDS will eliminate his pain.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be interesting to see if Medicalgorithmics can expand on the services side.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it's smooth sailing for Medilynx. I'm curious what the above poster is suggesting with the innuendo about their billing practices though...ML isn't doing anything wrong to my knowledge. I suspect any physician that left either spec or ML over a billing matter was either misinformed or underinformed by the sales rep...or both...but that doesn't mean either company has done anything wrong.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they doing anything wrong with their billing methods? No, not legally
    Is it ethical? No

Stop playing games and playing the innocent card

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen,
    Upcoding is both illegal and unethical. The web site drives level of service not the physician orders. If the DOJ is worth it's salt it will see this on both sides. Just because Medicare pays for the telemetry it has to meet medical necessity! Ask all the rest in this space that paid the price for this forced upcoding

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spectocor is failing on many Fronts! Not just from the legal issues. Juan the COO is finally "taking an indefinite leave"! There is a mass exodus of staff leaving many untrained, uncertified and unqualified staff taking care of patient data. This is morally bankrupt if you ask me. Profit before care is not always the "best practice"! They have lost no less than 20 techs in last two months. Most of them tenured and great at their jobs. Most going to Irhythm. They are all tired of the daily lies by the executive leadership. They all lost their integrity to the staff at large. I would not put a patient on this device at this company if my life depended on it! This will all come imploding down on them eventually. The staff seeing Joe cart around his 20 something arm candy also is degrading to the staff! What was he thinking by bringing her inside and pay her. She's his bedmate! He's quite proud of this. To all of the reps who continue to sell their souls to him deserve to lose everything because they all go in and lie to clients on a daily basis. Everything is fine! "There is no Doj investigation"! LIE! Our new product will be ready when we lose pocket Ecg! "LIE! We are taking care of patients in a timely manner! LIE! They took a great product and drive it into the ground! I'm sure MDG can't wait for the ruling from Delaware to come soon enough! Kharma is a bitch! The wrath of this kharma will be unparalleled! Sadly the patients currently on service are he most at risk! Trust me when I tell you. We are staff light by at least 30 techs right now.
    As far as medilynx! Only time will tell if he gets to sell to MDG! All of the Spectoclown reps are waiting and hoping that Andy keeps them all!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You cannot allow the web site to drive the level of service. Physicians and policy dictate what level of services you can provide. No IDTF has the authorization to upcode the level of services based off of the insurance carries such as both of these companies do! It's illegal and immoral

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The website doesn't "drive the level of service". The insurance companies do. The websites for both companies always allows the physician to use a traditional event monitor regardless of the patient's insurance plan.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its funny to look and see what people think they know. I have worked at Spectocor for a while now. I am not a fan of the COO's management style, but he really cares for people that work here and what kind of management style can you have when your that busy. I saw him give someone $1000 dollars that had just started 3 months earlier. All because they needed food for there baby. There are other stories about things he has done like this but no one tells those stories. In the end he looks broken and it seems like he just doesn't want to cover up the lies anymore. As he has been getting ready to go there has been a lot of stuff coming up that made a lot of people realize he was not only responsible for keeping this place running but also he has been covering up a lot lie's that the GREAT JB has put him in charge of. If they let him walk away then I bet that Andy and the Poland company will get their hands on him and then all the dirty secret will come out in court. For JB's sake they better work something out. The even sadder part is that he is leaving and they are saying he is taking an indefinite leave. The real reason is that his daughter is sick and he didn't want anyone to know. There are people looking for jobs because he is leaving and there is talk that more will be leaving soon because there is no real Executives here now. JB is an owner who thinks he is a leader but is not and the only other Executive is not very nice to his own people so where does that leave our company? Only time will tell? If you see this JV then I am sorry I didn't tell you I didn't like your management style face to face. But over all I would absolutely work for you again and my prayers are for your daughter because some of us overheard you talking to your wife and we wish you and her the best in her fight.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

http://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=245080

The fat lady sang! Joe is done with pocket ECG! The ruling is above.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$250,000 plus attorney fees, that's a chunk of change

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I quote!

Dear employees,

"I have just learned news about the court proceeding in Delaware. Unfortunately, it was not in our favor. I want to be the one to inform you. At this point our legal teams are trying to determine our response and or continued actions to counter the decision."

"In the meantime we will continue to conduct business as usual. I will update you as soon as possible."

Thank you and best regards,
    Joe Bogdan

So now he continues to allude to false hopes to staff at their highest moment of need for clarity and direction. He's a narcissist to the highest degree.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Millions in legal fees I'm sure! Now he's blowing smoke to the staff! Business as usual! Be a man and be honest to your staff for once

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From the owner Joe B to all of his company

Dear employees,

"I have just learned news from the court proceeding in Delaware. Unfortunately, it was not in our favor. I want to be the one to inform you. At this point our legal teams are trying to determine our response and or continued actions to counter this decision.
    In the meantime, we will continue to conduct business as usual. I will update you as soon as possible."

Please for once Joe be honest and upfront with your staff. You have no backup plan, you got caught in many lies in court. At least have the guts to come clean to those who stood by you this long and give them something! NOT MORE LIES

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both brothers are ass wipes and would sell their mother in order to make a dollar. Hope they both fall flat on their ass