Sonicare Sales Representative at Philips Medical

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2007 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't give up yet. I know the HR/phone recruiter lady had 8 follow-ups to do yesterday when we spoke, and final interviews aren't for another two weeks. My DM could be a little faster. They could still call you, and have the 2nd face to face next week or even early the week after, and have you there in time to meet the VP...Never give up!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no i heard it from an inside source for southeast

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was it a referral that got the job in the southeast?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does sonicare give you a cell phone/blackberry.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How realistic are the goals in this economy?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not very realistic, not many are making it

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you one that isn't making it?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHat is the average reps are doing here? Deep in the interview process....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the typical background of people that take this job? 2-3 years B2B, Pharma...etc?

Just curious.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sonicare Sales Representative at Philips

This company is a sinking ship.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No kidding. Lowest paid salary around and they keep lowering it. Its amazing! $50K base and supposedly $20K bonus. No matter what you do you will NEVER make more than $70K. People work themselves to death and get absolutely no compensation forit. People straight out of college make more money at their first jobs. Senior reps and college grads get paid the exact same amount!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a 2-3 year job. Prob 80-90% of the reps are under 2-3 years. This company turns people over. Don't get me wrong the product is good. But the process they use is broken.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its good as a stepping stone to get into dental or healthcare sales. Keep your goals realistic, its a short term gig that gets you contacts in dental, experience in healthcare sales, from there you move on. Its about where you are starting from. If you are with a pharma company, right out of college, or working outside of healthcare sales, this maybe a good short term gig as long as you know it going in. As far as a lateral move for an experienced dental sales rep, this is not a good move.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in the dental industry for about 9 years. I recently went back to school and will be graduating from Michigan State University, with a bachelor's in Retailing, in December. Medical/Dental devices is my ultimate long-term goal. I was always extremely impressed when Phillips Sonicare reps would visit, which lead and inspired me to go back to school and receive my bachelor's degree to do so. Is there any suggestions or advice anyone could offer to help me possibly get my foot in the door? I started to apply but was unsure what category my dental background held, or if it is only sales experience?. Also, I have letters of recommendation from the D.D.S whom I have been with over the last 9 years, and because there was a section during the application process that I thought was designed for such documentation, I didn't know if it would be better to include them or not. If there is anyone who could offer any words of wisdom, or advice I would greatly appreciate it!

thank you.
    Amber

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats the pay like here? Interviewing... and we all know managers lie!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is about fag's and bitches...end of story!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats the story on the Marketing guy from Sonicare going to Zila?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would any one know the contact/DM for the pacific northwest region? I'd be interesting in begining a conversation about any open postions as a sales rep. My background is Sales/marketing, not necessarily dental/pharma but I am confident my skills will cross over.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are u talking about JS? Did he really go to Zila?