Solta

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Feb 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyword on Valeant selling Solta? This company can't continue like this for much longer.

It is on the verge of a total meltdown. No resources, reps leaving.

Why hasn't Papa sold Solta yet?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Question: there is a company Viveve ($VIVE on NYSE) that sells wacky *"vaginal tightening" equipment and disposable applicator tips to "qualified" doctors. Deb Jorn was appointed to their board of directors about 3 months or so after she mysteriously fled Valeant as their VP of derm, etc during Pearson's last gasp as CEO in March 2016.

Solta sells the special cryogenic technology/secret sauce that must be used by Viveve's system. This is actually named as one of Viveve's cautionary notes to their investors on their SEC filing, because they have no other source for the cryogenic portion of their method, other than from Solta.

Could Solta be sold to Viveve? There seems to be at least one company here that could use Solta, and that is Viveve.

*The method, as I understand it, is the woman who has a depletion in vaginal tone, due to childbirth for instance, goes to her medical professional who has purchased the Viveve system. Some sort of applicator stick with a disposable tip is inserted into the vagina and then the system delivers "precise" radiowaves to essentially make small intense localized damage to the area, resulting in the later formation of scar tissue, that will tighten said vagina. It is all very sketchy, but is the sort of "scam" that many hope would solve their laxity problems.

I promise you, I have not made any of this up.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Solta used to own the patent for product Vivene markets. It's RF. They sold it but kept Thermage. I don't think Vivene could purchase Solta even if they wanted to. They are a start up and have limited financial backing,

Someone needs to buy Solta. And soon.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will be bought by ELOS very soon. Deal currently in the works.....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ELOS is for sale and being acquired by Apax VC.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bump

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bump for what? Ain't nobody buying this smelly asset!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bump bump

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

?