Shire needs to incorporate "teamwork" training

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jul 21, 2015 at 2:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have never shared a territory before and I would like an overlay in my territory. I don't understand what all the gripe is about it. It's no different than any other team. Unless you are Jordan or Gretzky stop bloody crying about having to work with others. It makes you look like a selfish fool.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the above poster has never worked with "overlays" or in a "pod"- so should not comment. I hope u get an overlay- one that sees all your A's and other top customers every other week. When you can only see your top customers half as much as you used too and then they start saying "the other Vyvanse rep was just here".....wonder how u will feel about that overlay? Not the overlays fault at all -- unfortunately the entire process devalues you as a resource to your top customers, while still making u accountable for customers you are now seeing half as much.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is nothing like a team. Do core and overlays get ranked together? There is no team when you are looking at your goal attainment.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bottom line is, when people are crystal clear about the most important priorities of the organization and team they work with and prioritized their work around those top priorities, not only are they many times more productive, they discover they have the time they need to have a whole life.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The most effective teamwork shown could be helping each other find other jobs away from these isiots using you for their own gain. Remember the AbbVie un-deal? There are a couple start ups ready to commercialize in the ADHD space that would welcome Shire's finest (ex B&L need not apply). Its out there, take advantage of it and get stock on the ground floor while working for higher class leadership than the lowlifes here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have not approached clarity, clearly.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

poindexter will provide sales leader the needed information. stay calm.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FU

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FU=Flemming Useless.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not an overlay or core rep issue. This is a leadership issue. We had overlays and core reps in my old company. If you work together it's very successful and does grow business. Management did not roll this out correctly. The call plan is made with big pharma metrics. Shire forgot that big pharma has multiple products in their bag. With one product the strategy needs to change slightly. Great idea, bad execution.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do other teams not keep individual stats? They do in every team sport I watch.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are in Pharma sales not Pro Sports. We are not on television. We don't wear numbered uniforms. There are no designated positions. All we have are 2 quarterback TEAMS in some territories. And lone wide receivers on a one person TEAM in other territories.

You work on keeping your individual stats for your A docs. How many RX's do you calculate that you made happen vs your TEAM mate? You can't do it. Individual stats cannot be calculated in this Shire Pro Team.

Ponder that.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if the overlay concept is so effective - why do we not have overlay RD's? overlay ZD's? And then -what we really need - an overlay KK?

Two member TEAMS produce more! Let's carry this concept throughout Shire.

OVERLAYS everywhere!

Signs should be posted in Lexington that every stall requires 2 people. One person to shit and the other person to wipe.

Now that is TEAM work!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Teamwork: Simply stated, it is less me and more we.” Anonymous. No matter the outcome, if you keep this mentality you, your teammate and customers will be in a much better place.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am on a great team. I don't score every winning touchdown, I don't make every winning basket. I don't always get to start. Sometimes I play well and stay in the game. Sometimes it's not my day and I come out early. Last Sunday, I scored more baskets than anyone on my team. I broke a personal record. My team lost. Yesterday, I didn't score once but I made three daring blocks in a close game. My team won. I preferred yesterdays, game.

Solo territories can't calculate how many RX's they generated either. This is the reason we cried about being paid on total dirt instead of targets years ago. Look at your total dirt. How many doctors have you never stepped foot into the office but they are RXing your product? Shire does not take these scripts from you or put them into a different pay category. We do not generate contracts for each sale. Get over yourself. 90% of winning shots happen because a teammate made a great pass and another player made a great shot. 2 quarterback teams sink just as fast as lone wide receivers. The best teams don't care who gets the credit. I am not a fan of everything the leadership pushes down but this company is full of people looking for anyone and everyone to blame. Most pharmaceutical companies operate in some form of team selling. If you think the grass is greener elsewhere, leave.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Overlay KK? Now there's a concept. Can you imagine Kathy with a counterpart? Her fragile ego where she has the be the main character couldn't handle it. She'd be throwing the partner under the bus much like she does her ZD team.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoken like someone who has a lot of practice and thoroughly enjoys wiping asses.
    Bravo!