Shire Company Culture

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi, I am interviewing for a position in the neurological division and I am wondering what the company culture is like aside from hiring manager/recruiter canned responses. I am currently working for a company that treats the sales force like 5 year olds and micromanage every part of the job. And I currently have a ton of administrative responsibilities since the company is changing their focus this year. Nothing worse than a ton of trackers and due dates for a sales person! Any honest insight would be appreciated. I am looking for a good home, not just a job. Thank you!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like you work for Novartis.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wel fooey for you! This place is like what you described but on steroids

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the Rare Diseases group micromanaged?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what is the pay for that group?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It honestly depends on your manager. I have had it both ways over the years. It's the luck of the draw and even when you are golden & you have a great manager, things can change at the drop of the hat due to realigning territories etc. good luck! I think this is pretty standard as far as Pharma goes. Hope you get a good one....it's a 50/50 shot.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree with this post! I have been fortunate to have great managers at Shire. The younger ones are usually the best.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ditto!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I really like working for Shire. Gotta bounce because have one more call for today.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me too. I love the challenge of a "performance culture" especially when the most recent people promoted haven't had any performance while in their previous roles. Maybe they performed at B&L as a proxy. This culture is nothing short of sickening.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Troll Strikes Again - - - We are truly sorrow for your poor state of affairs! There may be hope for you with a rediscovering of faith.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The poor state of affairs is all on the idiots leading this shit company. I'm sure certain sales leaders know something about affairs.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ain't no better here. Depends on your Womanager I guess. Seriously lame bullshit work is common place. If I have one more hour conference call about coupon redemption I'm going to go crazy. Wait...I've already gone crazy. Cookoo.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a cray cray brae!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Culture isnt great. I mean I heard someone got put on a PIP for de-friending his boss on Facebook

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS on this post! The Troll is at it again!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be careful, if you don't run up to Kathy at meetings and acknowledge her "greatness and accomplishments" you will be on her shitlist and thus a PiP. So remember when she parks her ass at your table to tell you all about her acheivements, make sure you stare at her doe-eyed and nod in affirmation of her tremendous success. Then go back to your room, vomit and then laugh at how she actually got there.

Shire's new culture in full display. Love it or leave it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course it's BS you numbnuts. Ever hear of sarcasm? What's even funnier is every time you play the "troll" card it never refutes what was said. It's a predictable knee jerk reaction to deflect from the truth--- with the exception of this case where you are too stupid to know when someone is pulling your leg. (This has to be KK posting on here... What a dope!) LMFAO