Severance

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 20, 2016 at 9:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any idea what the severance package will look like? Last time, you were given 60 days on payroll once you found out you were displaced. After that was two weeks for every year with a minimum of 12 weeks. Thoughts??

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be the same as long as you are not on a PIP

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same this time with the exception of giving you 60 days salary unless they let you go the day after notices go out. Which knowing how distrusting AZ is, is a possibility. If they only knew that most of us only work 3 half days per week anyway and even less now.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct posts. Those with less tenure is more like 12 weeks minimum. Then 2weeks for every year...however in 1
    2012, notifications were Jan 31, reps out of field ALL of Feb and March (admin/ checkout process etc) ....then the separation package started. This time it's one month vs. two, just another way of trimming costs.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WARN act specifies 60 days from date of written notification to effective termination date. This is required for layoffs of 500+ people. Not sure why this time only 1 month between the two unless the number doesn't meet the 500 ppl requirement. Remember that vacant territories would not count toward headcount reduction.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The conf calls, email communications last week served as the start of the WARN period. July 1st is notification date...on payroll for a month. Aug 1st is end date (impact date). Mid May until Aug 1st is more than the 60 days required. My thoughts anyhow...who the heck knows.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company is already in compliance with the 60 day WARN Act notice. It is not specific to an individual, it is simply a requirement to notify there will be a "mass layoff" and that 60 day clock has already started ticking.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The warn act has not been filed in the state of Delaware. Therefore know it all it had not gone into affect yet.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is dead on!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Filing date is July 1. The first phase of layoffs will occur at the higher levels which will be a much smaller number. Remember I told you that this will be done in 3 phases and phase one is level 6 and above. Phase II is level 5 and above and then they get to us peons.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard today that CNS layoffs will happen later in the year, not in July

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There will be some layoffs on all teams initially with the bulk of the cuts coming in later phases this year and into next year. Drip Drip, wham bam thank you Frenchie.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No cns layoffs. Sean says they will most likely have something for us at the end of the year.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard from a mgr today there will be neuroscience layoffs towards end of year. The man did not promise anything and was quite vague when asked "what will happen if we don't have a co marketing agreement by the end of year after said drug goes generic...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boyyyy ..... I've heard that song before , my friend that's sure sign that you are done for ! Take it from me and my past experience with Pascal at Roche - Genentech layoffs we were handed all those shit lines of bullshit !

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh sure, maybe a once a day laxative for people with constipation due to chronic use of crystal meth. Or maybe a bubble gum flavored gummy vitamin shaped like Captain America.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I keep thinking what are they going to do with cns. I was surprised that Sean said we would stop selling XR at the end of September. There must be a reason they are keeping us around or they would include us in this round of layoffs. This makes me think that they probably will have some other product.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow read post 15, you poor helpless ass.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no other product. Xr is doing a billion a year still, they are going to squeeze every penny out of it by having us out begging. They will then get rid of us. They don't give 2shits about us or our families
    We are done it was fun while it lasted. Out of pity they will pay us through the end of the year, and give us a bonus at 100% and 2 weeks for every year. FACT

Bye Bye

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have never eliminated an entire division. Won't happen. FACT