severance for those retained

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jul 30, 2016 at 9:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone seen anything about severance/package being available to those that are retained but for one reason or another (job change, going from small bio to big pharma, etc) it isn't a good fit? is there a period where both sides can make that determination?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not that I know of but probably not. You don't get much at all even if you have worked here awhile. It's not generous at all.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First off, good idea to explore this option. The "new Shire" is run by horrible leaders who are a cult of castaways that follow the CEO from company to company. No long term strategy, just pump and dump.

To answer your question, if they offer you a similar role that doesn't require relo and you don't take it, you are basically resigning. They MAY offer you the option to leave if you are not a "fit", but you will get a basic severance that follows either your old company's policy or whatever was negotiated at the takeover. As an example, the old Shire severance policy was a very good one! FO negotiated that away in the potential merger with AbbVie in exchange for a retention bonus for his top 30 executives, even though he planned . Just shows what this crew is all about.

Good luck in your decision. There are plenty of good companies out there hiring right now. You just need to find the right fit for you. Trust me, it's much better than this horrible sinking ship.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ive worked for four pharma companies throughout my career, and the severance package here is by FAR the worst in terms of dollars offered vs years worked.
    I highly doubt there is a separation by choice package available (I haven't heard of that anywhere)

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

*even though he planned to relo the company to Mass.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were there layoffs?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

600 employees will be laid off by the end of 2016. Shire Los Angeles.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about Illinois? we have no clue what is going on. Management either does not know or news are so bad they do not want to disclose. I work in PV and expect every next day be my last one.
    Any thoughts?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run for it. At the beginning of this year, the Los Angeles plant had close to 2000 employees. By the end of this year, there will be less than 1000 employees. Plus Shire has not even sent in their people to clean house yet, which is said to happen in 2017. You do the math.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seems likely the bannockburn facility will close. Make sure you've looked at the severance and know what you'd qualify for. For me it's not much. Truly Wishing all the best to everyone.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What makes you think Bannockburn will close?
    Where do you find the severance info?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not closing. VH may be closed since there is space in Bannockburn. Just keep in mind that although Bannockburn will stay open, some jobs may be relocated to MA.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am leaning to believe that roomers that former Baxalta employee located in Illinois will be layoff is not true. Almost all in my team got in line with Shire titles and guess what... we all got salary increase in order to adjust. Some of us got 10%!!!! There is no way we will get layoff. Why Shire do salary increase and then fire? Does not make sense. I love Shire!