Serious Question

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Feb 17, 2017 at 1:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma sales has provided me and my family a great life but I have one question; Would/will you want your children to pursue employment in pharma?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are you fucking shitting me? of course not

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and sell their soul to the devil? NO WAY

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way. It used to be we got to have true consultative discussions with our docs that were based in science and clinical evidence. If a patient type wasn't right for our drugs we didn't hesitate to say so. Now we can't even get studies or clinical data to support the fluffy info we spout from sales aids. God forbid we alter the verbatim close. Fulfillment is gone. All we have left are pretty decent paychecks and insurance, and very little flexibility. Zero self-esteem in telling people what we do now. I do hope my children have a solid income and insurance, along with fulfillment and pride in what they do. I'm waiting for the cuts I believe are coming this year and I'm out. Been prepping for a while now. Have money saved for a personal car, and all the education I need to transition to my next career is done. My kids know I've been planning for this change and that I don't want them to do pharma as a job. I'm going to show them how to get a professional life back on track by doing it with my own.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get those kids into the best schools they can get into and you can afford. Professional is the only way to go: I do not think medicine is where it is at as it continues to get too gov't involved.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forget college. Get them into a trade union. Way more money and no student debt.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen. My son didn't take the college route and is a mechanic at an Audi dealer. 22 years old and he earns around 90k plus benefits,etc. He will never have to worry about those layoff phone calls.

Plumber, mechanic, electrician, all nobel professions. My daughter is a senior in high school and is considering being a court stenographer, starting pay around 60k. As you said, no student debt and they can start saving years before college heads.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sonnys working a $10hr gig at Jiffy lube. No that's right he was let go like his daddy.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Master Mechanics command six figures and don't concern themselves with insurance reimbursement. Probably a better gig even than med school.