Sell Off Medimmune

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Sep 2, 2016 at 8:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't we sell off a piece or two of Medimmune. There is more value in the potential of the pipeline then the real value. Another company could take on manufacturing and could help with trial costs. They could then close those sites or greatly reduce the size. Increases immediate money and further cuts costs.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the funny thing is there's nothing to sell... a last-in-class PD-1... a boatload of bullshit fusion proteins/antibodies designed in a way that represents high risk without additional value... remember their offices are leased...the people who work at MEDI have HUGE EGOS and track records of producing SHIT

Oh yeah when is the next product launch ???

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The other point is that IF any of these make it to market the payers will balk just the way they do in Europe. The indications will be narrow and the days of forced reimbursement are long gone. If you talk to anyone down there they know it is a crumbling house of cards built on sandy soil and the hurricane is just off the coast.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sell it now then before they know it's a flop.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do u think they will see Medimmune off?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah sell it now because Flu Mist is super valuable !! MedImmune is the Worlds Greatest Biotech Company. MedImmune - We Invented Biotechnology !!!!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The analysts think the pipeline is strong. Sell it before everyone else knows what we know.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medimmune has potential. It reminds me of the conversations my wife and I had about the potential of our kids. And one after enough they just muddled through and did not get the Einstein fellowship at Princeton University School of Astrophysics and became happy average citizens like me. What is in store for all those "children" at Medi?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As we've seen with Clovis, value can evaporate very quickly once the underlying truth is revealed. MedImmune can think they have a great pipeline but doesn't matter until produce results.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well put.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are years away at least 2019 before anything replaces revenue so remember that and also note that by far the hardest group of doctors to access is oncology. They do not see reps at all. That means that at best we need a couple hundred reps out faking calls vs thousands. The rest will be Med Affairs people and the rest will be gone. Look at all the people they have in MAPS and reimbursement. They won't be needed as most late to enter products will not be reimbursed. Welcome to healthcare of the future. Bye Bye reps

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medi sucks

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From science to commercial is no easy feat and this crew has shown little in the way of bringing anything more than 3-4 itty products. What a sales job this was and David Brennan bit. Everyone who paid $15B for this is gone and should be. How long before their brands total that much in addition to the burn rate for the last 10 years? Do the math. It is over

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When the Cambridge labs in the UK are fully functioning is when they may finally pitch this one over the side. 15B was a lot to pay for this. Never buy anything from Carl Ichan, you will be swindled. Was this David Brennans idea or the board of directors idea? Either way he took the blame and was asked to spend more time with his family leading us to the current Soriot era.
    We have bought at least 10 companies for 2B in the last few years, but those smaller failures are less visible.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MI's outcomes are so far out and so far behind it is hard to see how it ends up paying off. Part it out and sell it off. If we're lucky AZ will be standing at the end of this.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask the people in development. They know and they are bailing. They all got paid oodles for the past 5-6 years of moving shells around and now it is time to depart before the chickens come home to roost.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just remember the durva onc product that Medi gets credit for originally came from AstraZeneca UK Cambridge Antibody Tech labs and the treme onc product ibeing used for the combo is licensed in from Pfizer.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MedImmune hasn't contributed squat and act like a bunch of know it alls

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in ONC and I can tell you for a fact, that if I see 3 docs a day, it's a miracle. When I say "see", it might just be physically seeing them. You think the all day lie is big in primary care at AZ, it's nothing compared to ONC!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are only a few reps who understand how to call on integrated health systems and the complexity that this brings. Most will perish and fade away,