Say Goodbye to Neurology

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Oct 22, 2015 at 9:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get ready for psych takeover - Big pharma 1990's playbook, Its all JA and PA know!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sad news about DB. Is he leaving or was he asked to leave?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now, you guys in Neuro will see what it's like in Psych. The Big Pharma mentality is fully entrenched over here. The "culture" in psych is no different than at Pfizer, Merck or GSK. The only difference is that they make more money than we do.

Sounds like DB was a good guy who just saw the writing on the wall. Hopefully, someone that knows the real truth behind the reason we've lost 3 senior leaders leaving this year, will come on here and tell all. I can't believe Handley left because he was in love with marketing orphan drugs! What a load of BS!

You can bet you will see a lot of changes coming in 2016! Our Novo friend ain't through yet!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are already getting a sense of the Back to the Future 1990's pod selling- falling over counterparts and co-promotes. Sync,Sync,Sync., Deliver two product details with a bridge, Manager's coaching on that BS. Sending out emails and telling the field force full of veterans what constitutes a face to face call. Make your 8 calls a day.
    We are stressed, managers stressed. Everyone's ass is on the line- do it or else mentality- Management by intimidation didn't work 20 years ago and won't work in the 21st century.
    Lundbeck will become a bridge company to another job instead of a final destination career maker.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Risking saying the obvious here, when you lose 3 senior leaders in less than a year, something very serious is going on. When you schedule a POA like the one we finished yesterday, and all you do is roll out a concept that has been around for decades (segmentation), and act like it's a new concept, you know that things are getting bad, real bad. My guess is that Brintellix sales are worse than flat, probably declining. They know he problem and the answer to the problem, and it's not something silly like "segmentation". Time is running out for Brintellix. Either they solve the problem, or accept the inevitable. And adding on Otsuka's idiotic philosophy on launching a drug with little to no samples, you can see where that drug is heading. I mean can these people be that stupid?

What the hell is going to happen in 2016?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm curious, what would you say the problem is with Brintellix ?

I think we need some managed care wins and a similar co-pay card to rexulti.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have never seen in my career a situation where a drug has WORSE formulary status the 2nd year out compared with the first year. Yet, here we sit with Brintellix - just that. And the real downer is in talking with one of the RAM's about how we screwed up United and what were we doing about it. The response was comical. This RAM said we are working with United to show them Brintellix is different from other agents and that it will save them money on hospitalizations and other costs. At no point are they interested in getting more aggressive with rebates. The other point this RAM kept bringing up was trying to explain to us the difference between coverage and access. In this person's mind a 3rd or 4th tier slot, step edits with a PA is totally fine because in their words : if we have convinced the doctor of the benefits of Brintellix, they will do the PA. This RAM even suggested we have the doctors check additional drugs tried to make the 3 step work- even if the patient hadn't been on that many drugs. Managed markets are delusional, simply delusional.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The responses you got from the managed care person were expected. What else can they say? Until we get better managed care coverage, and a COMPETITIVE copay card, Brintellix sales will be flat at best. They will never acknowledge this fact. They have acknowledged, that when we launched the market was 95% generic, and now it's 98% generic. So, in summary, since launch our managed care coverage is worse; our copay card is THE worst of all brand drugs, and the branded market is shrinking!

Also, Takeda has invaded every single psych office out there with the primary care mentality. Also, we have never been paid on dirt, like Takeda. The primary address policy hurts sales, and now we live in metrics hell! Three senior leaders have run for the hills, as well as many account managers, with tons more looking to leave at the first opportunity. Our culture has changed to what you would find at a Pfizer, Merck, AZ, or GSK.

All of the above is irrefutable. It all has a negative impact on sales. The problems have not , and most likely will not be addressed, ever.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i sold Effexor, Wellbutrin, Paxil and now this stuff. Psych is essentially the same market with many many many generics.

People; notice all the psych AM's posting on a thread supposedly about Neurology.?.?.?

Keep your head down and sell.

Maybe you do need to be micromanaged......

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Instead of playing the babysitter, maybe if you followed the thread, you'd see where it turned from Neurology to Psych.