Sanford NC Facility

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2009 at 8:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if Pfizer will move the Sanford NC facility or have a major layoff there once the dust settles?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is that Pfizer will save Sanford as the girls have such nice tan lines. Northern latitude sites such as Andover will pay a dreadful price for having pale females that look like vampires.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I expect Sanford to be spared, they still have to manufacture vaccines and the plant is not that old and was just added on to. The RTP site is on borrowed time as it has been from the start. I expect this work to be moved to Groton.

What I do expect is for Pearl River to be eliminated in the next 2 years. The site is antiquated and does not fit the Pfizer mold. The Groton site for small molecules is running far below capacity and and could take on the vaccine research andis new compared to Pearl River.
    I would expect the Cambridge site to be spared as well as the Boston Pfizer is alligned with the UK and acts almost as a separate company. I don't see Pfizer combining those sites.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sanford is a great sight! With a vision of greatness. We have to retain the people that aspire for a better tomorrow. I know that sounds clesha, but we do have a choice. I choose to mke a difference. Now things are oppening up and new ideas are not being taken for granted. The future to me looks bright for us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a natural sceptic, I was inclined to believe Sanford would close and we would all lose our jobs. I have to admit, it has improved 100% under our somewhat new leadership group. Is there problems? Yes but you can't fix it all in a day. With all the negitives on here something positive was needed. I'm still sceptical but, less stressed out lately.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sanford will close and all yall will loose your jobs. Walmart and lowes hardware is hiring.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually most southern gals are pale. Tanning prematurely ages you. We are known for our beauty in the south and we don't tan. Bikini's with sunscreen. Just keeping it real. Besides vampires have certain charms.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only the top brass in the company know for sure. And I"m not referring to the AD's who work there, or the dumb QE's either. The top brass will NOT inform anyone on SLT if they do plan on closing the site or having a major layoff next year until it is time. In my opinion (and this is only my opinion) yes, there will be another major layoff next year. The plant has to be down to 350 employees and we are not there yet, so that right there tells you your answer to the second part of your question. Now to the first part. I do feel that the Sanford, NC plant will close within the next two years because of the direction it is headed. By that I mean, we are becoming a clinical launch site. There is no money in that kind of action. Yes, at first we are flooded with funds to make and scale up products, but after we get them where they need to be, they will be sent off to another plant to be manufactured full time. Prevnar 20 is currently underway, but once that get's into place, that's it. It is scheduled to be sent to Ireland to be made. And yes, they will mess it up like they did 13V as well. The Staph vaccine is currently being developed in Sanford as well, but look at the techs they have working on it. Certain ones can handle the workload, and understand the process, but the rest of them have no idea what the hell they are doing...never have and never will. I'm not calling anyone out, but it's the truth. Too many egos, and attitudes over there which is why I turned down the option to work on it. Yes, I was told that I would be put on the shelf if I refused, but it's not worth it to me to deal with those people. So to answer your question, yes the plant will close eventually and yes there will be a layoff as well. Do yourself a favor and switch careers now. Get out of the industry and find something else to do. The Pharma industry is flooded with egos and attitudes and even though Novartis, J&J, Merck, Dyosnth, and Biogen are currently hiring for certain positions, if they see your resume and you have that you either worked or currently work for Pfizer or Wyeth, you will not even get a call back or an email for anything. Those companies want nothing to do with any employee in manufacturing out there. Heck, the HR rep at Novartis flat out said that if she even sees a resume with Pfizer/Wyeth on it, she gets rid of it immediately. And for those who send electronic ones to mass employers, got news on that front for you as well. They have filters in place to look for key words and Pfizer/Wyeth and Manufacturing are three specific key words used to eliminate the candidate. Sorry, but it's the truth. Oh and if you think your Managers, QE's, AD's, or Supervisors will give you a good recommendation...think again. They will flat out lie to you and say yes, until it's time and then they will screw you royally. I will probably put my notice in sometime next year as I have had it with the politics and bs associated with the Sanford, NC plant. Not sure what I"m going to do, but anything will be better than the crap I have to deal with daily. Good luck to you and sorry to be the bearer of bad news....but you asked.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you say "Sour grapes"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not sour grapes, just realistic. I busted my ass there for many years and never got the recognition I deserved. I led teams through the 'troubled' times, put up with supervisors who could not lead. Managers who had no idea of what work really was, and HR reps who were more interested in trying to sleep with me, than do their job. I have three leads next month, and even if the money isn't quite right, I'm going to accept one of those positions. It's time to move on and forget all about Wyeth/Pfizer and the people that work there. I wish certain people the best of luck, and others, well they just need to hope they never run into me outside of that plant, because they will get the opportunity to hear what I really think of them.
    If your smart, you will leave as well and make it soon. It's a sinking ship and no one can stop it. You say sour grapes, I say you sold your soul to a company that couldn't give a damn about you and will screw you every chance they get. You will realize it soon enough. I have a feeling that your just not old enough yet to appreciate my words.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is total bs! The gym at our sanford plant is going to start charging employees $25 per month to use the facility. I mean come on now. What is the point of being a Pfizer employee and having a perk if we have to pay to use it? I could join the Nautilus for about the same price and I wouldn't have to worry about having to look at "managers" and "supervisors" working out. Considering that is probably the only activity they ever get. It is bs!
    Plus when are the Manufacturing people supposed to use it? Any part of the day, you can see those "desk jockies" in there working out, but GOD FORBID a person from manufacturing tries to use it during lunch, or when there is down time, all hell breaks loose. Especially in B110! We are told that we are not allowed in there when we are supposed to be upstairs, or doing some dumb ass team building, but if you sit at a desk I guess the rules just don't apply to you anymore and you can do whatever the hell you want. Well, I got news for you guys. I will be using it when I feel like it as well. And you'd better hope that you don't say a damn thing to me about the time(s) I go in there... and yes that means you little man. Your nothing but someone's shadow anyways so go kiss some more ass. I love the double standard that is running rampant in the plant. Equality, fairness, well those are just buzz-words and never get implemented. This used to be a decent place to work, but I see the writings on the wall. People who quit or got a package were the lucky ones. Seriously, this place sucks and so does the Management team. They only look out for themselves, which is what I think everyone should do anyways. Now, everyone can kiss my ass.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is BS. There have been a slew of studies that gave evidence to support employees who utilize a company gym. These employees miss less work. It would be in Pfizer's best interest to encourage ALL employees to use that facility. Exercise is a great stress reliever and builds your immune system. You create a happier, healthier and more productive work force.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Sold your soul"? Thats a lot of drama, we work, we get paid, when they are done with us, we move on. Nobody owes anyone anything. As for the the gym, it is load of garbage that we should have to pay for it, when they stop payig them 60k bonus's thats when we should start paying. Close it instead of picking the pockets of the employee's, turn it into another inovation and improvement meeting room.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well genius if your read my post correctly, (considering you cannot read properly) I never said a damn thing about your immune system, or creating a happier, healthier or productive work force. I said they are going to start charging employees a monthly fee to use the gym. Stick to the topic being discussed or learn to read the posts. Either one is fine with me...dumb ass! Oh and if you think I'm kidding about this, just ask your manager or AD and they'll tell you the same thing. Starting in March of 2012 if you want to use the Pfizer gym, you will have to pay a monthly fee of $25.00, and they will tell you when you get to use the facility. Put that in your happy work force....dumb ass!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no drama, just straight facts. You do not work and you know it. You go to meetings all day, and discuss stupid things ( and you cannot deny that either.) I sat in on a meeting one day and all you 'workers' actually spent two hours discussing when to schedule a feasible schedule to schedule a meeting. Talk about being pro-active! Not a damn thing got accomplished, no one but a little person and some "woman" and I use that term very loosely who was in QA got to speak. She sounded like a moron (and yes, I do believe she was the manager or something), all the little person was worried about was trying to get on the good side of other people in the meeting. Total ass-kisser in my opinion. I'll never go to another meeting if these two "leaders' are involved in them again. Now, back to the original point. You don't work and yes you sold your soul. You kissed ass to get that position and now you shit on everyone beneath you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never got screamed at for agreeing with a post. If you read my post correctly then you would see my point. It is not smart for a company to charge for gym usage. Maybe you should go run outside for exercise and perhaps away from this job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyways, you did not agree with my post and I was not screaming at you. Just drop the damn drama you drama queen, and learn to read the writing on the wall. Sanford, plant is doomed and everyone needs to realize it. I for one want to see it close down as it does not serve a purpose anymore. We lost our purpose when we got bought out by Pfizer and transferred all processing to Grange. Those blokes cannot do a damn thing right, and I for one am sick and tired of having to go over there and fix their screw ups. I have to go there once again this year and show them what to do. I don't need to run or do any exercise as I am in top physical shape and understand how to properly exercise. Unlike those "trainers" they have in the gym. I mean please, come on. Not a damn one looks like they can bench over 170 lbs. My one rep max to this day still stands at 340 lbs. My squat is close to 500lbs, and I can still curl 85 lbs with each arm. I don't need to exercise. Maybe you need to pay attention to my stats and you may have something to shoot for. Considering you don't have the discipline to get there, I'm just wasting my breath with you. Good luck. Maybe Pfizer will give employees steroids so they can aspire to be me! Still, it won't happen because unlike you, I have discipline and desire..you will never achieve it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that is funny! If I had no displine and desire then how did I run 5 marathons and qualify for Boston. An almost Impossible feat at a young age male or female. Leave your job and move on! Good luck as well. Don't waste breath, you need a good cardiovascular system to run.

MDintraining

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unrelated to this topic, but a quick question--if one of your old colleague/s participated in something illegal what would you do? He liked these people but it was a criminal activity.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whatever dickhead! You did not ever run 5 marathons nor did you qualify for Boston. Hope you feel good about yourself by posting b.s. stats. If your truly in such great shape as you claim, and you want to prove it...then we can have an endurance, fitness contest anytime you'd like. Sanford Nautilus next week @ 5 p.m. hell, I'll even let you call the routines, sets, and reps. I get off work @4 p.m. so I can meet you there by 5. Look for a 2011 Black Mustang in the parking lot and you know I'll be inside. Go to the front desk and ask the manager on duty where I'm at, and they will show you the way. Bring an audience if you'd like, I would love to make you look like a fool in front of your peers. If your in such great shape, then you should have no problem keeping up with me.