Salix sales grew 28% last quarter

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant is starting to show signs of bouncing back

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's all smoke and mirrors. They have a tendency to report things that appear to be positives, like non-gaap cash ebitda or a new acquisition increase sales. What's hidden in the fine print is the fact that they combined some existing products to the Salix division to show the unrealistic increase without same adjustment to prior periods, hence your increase. Otherwise, you'll be seeing marginal decreases and never achieving the lofty goals that were presented to the banks to borrow the 15b. They initially scuttled primary care sales force since they thought it was too expensive, margin eroding option, but now are rehiring reps to build up that portion of business again after the failed deal.

Like most other businesses that they acquire, it will be mismanaged and lose its luster. Their game of burying stupid costs into the one-time charge item is over, since the Salix acquisition is over a year old. All activities are fully exposed on the p&l and needs to be auditable. Interestingly how pwc didn't get their wrists slapped for the revenue recognition infraction, which is always high on the alert list for SEC.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is still "retroactive waste"!

Here is investor Kevin O'Leary on Valeant: http://www.fool.ca/2016/12/02/is-kevin-oleary-right-about-valeant-pharmaceuticals-intl-inc/
    “The way I look at it is this … I think the stock is a zero. My thinking on this is that any equity value left has to go through the process of paying off all the debt, which is north of $35 billion right now. The only prime asset is Bausch and Lomb, which they’re not wanting to sell.”

Later in the same interview, O’Leary was much blunter: “Would I buy the stock? Never. This thing is so tainted it’s radioactive waste. You’ve got all this criminal investigation stuff and you’ve got so much debt and you’ve got a pricing environment that’s changing … Whenever you get accounting teams on a company, the best thing you can do is get a spatula, scrape up the whole board, [and] change the name of the company.”

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are you guys professional Valeant bears or something?

lol the companys earnings are bouncing back and everyone is in denial

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you Bill's latest whipping boy or something?

They seldomly have positive earnings, once when they double counted revenue, but most of the time, there were losses. That's why they don't like reporting income statements like all the other legit companies. That's a MP special, always drivaling about generating lots of cash to pay for more acquisitions. Apparently, you're still trying to deceive the piblic and the banks. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Since the stock continues to get pounded, are you still building on your position? Probably a floor here, right? How much lower can it go? Who doesn't want to try catching a falling knife?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of these VRX people are too stupid to get this!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know! they disregard every peice of positive news. Bunch of pessimistic crowd.

Salix is growing again at double digits. Valeant is definitly bouncing back.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DUH! Poster #6 was calling you stupid. :(

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What part of radioactive waste don't you understand?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're WRONG!! You're in DENIAL!! You're FIRED!!

Trump wannabe

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant is recovering for sure.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kevin O'Leary is not a good public market investor. Case in point, he says Valeant has $35B in debt when anyone with basic training in finance can see the company has $30B. That $5B error would be a 100% increase in the stock price!

Salix revenue is definitely growing. However, Xifaxan script growth has fallen off a lot; start of the year scripts were +25%, and now they're only +5%. So sales team has a lot of work to do to get Xifaxan back to growth. The PCP sales team should have a lot of opportunity - I think Xifaxan has a better formulation than Viberzi, but Viberzi definitely has a huge head start.

Don't forget about Relistor Oral. So far, Relistor is showing very good growth. We'll see if they can keep it up though...

MP should've never fired the PCP Salix had when they acquired it. It was a stupid move thinking he could just replace reps with TV ads. Docs still need to speak to someone to explain why Xifaxan > Viberzi > over the counter meds.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big products coming

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope....
    No GI pipeline.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salix got gutted today. Lost close to 100 reps who quit to go to Synergy

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lost a lot - but I think close to 100 is a bit of an exaggeration.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We got rid of the most sorry looking reps out there. If you don't look or act the part, good riddance. The remaining reps will be fine. The ones shown the door can make some other loser company look more pathetic.

Salix growth was not real nor sustainable. It was a blip, after they reshuffled how they were reporting product groups. We do this all the time, MP was a strong advocate of this changing methodology whenever it suits his needs and presentations to wall street. If you believe that they can grow over 25% each quarter, can I interest you in the deed to the Holland Tunnel?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We didn't "get rid of" anyone. Nor did we "show them the door." The people who left to go to Synergy RAN out the door on their own shouting "fuck you Salix-Valeant" at the top of their lungs whilst picking up $20,000 raises from their new employer.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the leadervis brilliant. Boy wonder.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Half the people posting here are shorts or competitors. Company is turning around and all the good reps I have spoken to do not even read this board much less post on it! I come to read out of amusement once in a while and can't believe all the disinformation posted here and on other companies boards for that matter!