Salary expectations for a principal scientist position with BMS

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Nov 14, 2015 at 7:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every pharma company seems to be so different in how they categorize a particular position's seniority level, and so this gets very confusing when you are trying to negotiate across companies. For instance, at Roche, a principal scientist doesn't mean much You are in-fact hired fresh out of grad.school (maybe with a postdoc) at a principal scientist level. While in most biotech companies, we are talking of very experienced people at Principal Scientist levels.

Hoping that BMS is not the same as Roche, but one way to be certain is compare the salary offered at that level. Would anyone perhaps know what BMS pays for a Principal Scientist in Research?

Thanks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What department? I can only say if it is higher or lower than Roche.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They hire very experienced people for that position. However, it may be department dependent.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

associate director level, D7 salary band
    entry level PhD is D5- research investigator I and II
    then D6- senior research investigator 1 and II
    then D7-principal scientist

salary is about 150-165K base

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks all! This is really useful information. The position is in Bioinformatics. I am not entirely sure what department that would be, but probably Research..?

Thanks so much again.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Science jobs aren't really paying like they used to. If you have less than ten years experience even with a PhD, you are going to make no more than 100K a year. Sorry, but these jobs are going to China and India where 100K can pay for three to four PhDs over there.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The China and India experiment is really not working out. Especially China. Too much politics.