Rumor around RTP...

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 5, 2015 at 8:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is that in 2016 severance packages will be cut from 2 weeks to 1 week for every year of service. The hits just keep on coming!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is a truism from Raleigh.:confused:

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You've been posting this bullshit rumor for 5 years. Guess what? It's never happened that way.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also apologize for this immature post.......he is playing on the internet tonight from his mother's basement.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes we know...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

@ one time, it was one month for every year.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That my dear sir is called " The Good Ole Days " ! I was there.....things are changing ! :rolleyes:

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ex HR person. You are incorrect, as this will not occur until 2017. It's a done deal.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

:D......and we'll bet there are a lot of ex-HR people out there !

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been with the company 25+ and during that time it has never been any more or any less than 2 weeks per year of service.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

..........oops, until now !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet, we have seen the same moron give repeated predictions of cuts in the severance packages and they never come true.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Use your head people. You're going to give someone with 25 years of service 1 week for every year? That's 6 months. The age discrimination law suit would cost more than giving them 2 weeks, or 50 weeks of severence. For someone with 10 years, 20 weeks or 5 months is not unreasonable or expensive for a company who is downsizing. It's a write-off, and positions them better for future earnings.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If GSK could avoid paying 2 months per year they would do it. However, this is not only the industry standard it is the US corporate standard. Anything less will have the employment lawyers salivating for the chance to take them on. Trust me. I married one.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The past:

I've been with GSK for 28 years, and at one point our severance was 4 weeks per year.

The future:

I have also heard that severance will be cut to 1 week per year. This was told to me by a VP from "GMS above-site." I am not inventing this. He unambiguously told me that 1 week per year was going to be implemented.

Like anything else at GSK, it could be changed or delayed, but this is not an invented rumor, it something that a senior VP (who I've known for 28 years) told me.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this will save us close to a billion I hear...............

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must have been legacy Glaxo as having been legacy SB, it has never been +/- 2 weeks.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was hired in 1967.......yes it was ! :rolleyes:

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct, I was hired at Glaxo.

At that time we also had a real pension, not this cash balance scam. We lost the pension during Glaxo-Wellcome merger. I don't remember when severance was cut from 4 weeks to 2. In the grand scheme of things the severance was last important than the pension hit. Still, I'm grateful take what Glaxo/GW/GSK gave me.