Rotech made me quit DME for good

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke the durable medical equipment industry has become,Rotech may be by far the worst DME company I have ever worked for. Rotech exemplifies everything that's wrong with DME, what should be a fun cool job that allowed you to help people is now nothing more then a giant greed and medicare compliance joke . I swear if medicare came up with a rule that made companies eat poop out of a 3 in 1 commode to stay compliant then I have no doubts that you would have corporate compliance officers teaching employees the most efficient way to eat poop out of a commode for medicare.

Anyway back to how lousy rotech is to work for, I only worked at Rotech for two months as a PST. I have been in DME for several years as a driver but this was my first experience with rotech, on my first day of work I found out that their have been numerous PST's before me which immediately gave me a feeling that I just got myself into a lousy situation. I was hastily put on call on my first week of employment which was ok with me, but what pissed me off is the fact that I found out that I was not going to be paid a flat rate for on call and instead get time and a half. All the money they could pay their employees goes to some shitty answering service based out of kentucky.

I was also upset after the company told me that I would be on call for 17 days out of the month because the LCM didn't feel he should ever have to take on call , a bunch of BS if you ask me. Basically the LCM and the lazy fat office bitch made me do everything and would never help out with set ups or deliveries if I was out of town in the field, she was too busy texting friends and family. The LCM was a complete joke and never did ANYTHING, on top of all this I was treated rudely when I was trying to bust my ass.

Things got even worse when the sales lady as they usually do promised the world to the local hospital even though she forgot that their are not enough employees to deal with the workload or help with on call to be the main provider. Rotech's redundant paperwork makes set ups and just about everything else painfully slow, I said this will backfire and the LCM and sales lady laughed and said I didn't now what I was talking about.

On call was pretty slow for the first 2 weeks before that hospital contract kicked in,then all hell broke loose. I was getting called out to the hospital every day and always in the middle of the night for every dumb non emergency item like walkers and commodes, I was really starting to dread that fucking call from some hillbilly answering service. This got old very quickly and I never slept because I was constantly getting called out for weeks at a time.
    The final straw came after I had a long hard day when I worked 10 hours, the office people left me with 5 O2 set ups after hours when I came back to the office . After getting them all done it was about midnight when I came home and got into bed, I got called out again at 2:45 am for another O2 set up being discharged from the hospital. I finally had enough and told the LCM to kiss my ass that same morning and walked out.

They were in shock and I hope they have a fun time running that location with 2 people because rotech is too dumb to hire enough people........

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like all the previous pst's that have come through my door. Lazy and always complaining. YOU have your job We have ours. I truly believe you should move out of Pa..

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like all the previous pst's that have come through my door. Lazy and always complaining. YOU have your job We have ours. I truly believe you should move out of Pa..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really lazy ?So all PST's in your opinion should really just be slaves 24/7 for a LOUSY wage ?people like to work and have lives. When people start to not get any sleep and are constantly around sick people thats not a good healthy combination. You come off as the typical shitty DME manager that dosent give a rats ass about their employees well being notice how DME locations NEVER keep any of their drivers. It sounds like the last bunch of drivers had enough sense to realize they were getting a raw deal and left.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will say that no job at Rotech is fun, not one. The PST in this situation had just cause to do what he did. I commend Him. More sure do the same and let corporate wonder why the huge turnover.
    Hats of to you PST. Wish I coud do the same.
    No one should be on call when they first start for at least a month till they learn the ropes. Shame on the lazy manager.
    Not all offices have sales reps, you were fortunate/unfortunate to experience the best and worst of what happens when a manager doesn't intervene.
    Congrats to you and good luck. I've been in your shoes, its not fun

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well these types of stories are not surprising, usually its worse in smaller sister locations because they will not hire enough people. It seems big locations have it easier because big wigs tend to be there and have around eight people working in one location, nobody gets burned out doing oncall when you only have to do it every month and a half. Its unfortunate but it seems like a case of out of site out of mind,this seems to be the trend for DME companies. This will only get worse the more cuts medicare makes, I myself have gotten out DME for good. Being a RT for a Rotech was really a waste of my time, the money was terrble and the paperwork was annoying. Dealing with Know it all LCM's was even more annoying,just because you do a few cpap setups and workshops Does not give you more knowledge then a real RT who has worked in sleep labs. The worst thing about DME for me was dealing with LCM's most of the time they were losers with no real skills, glorified document baby siters.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't blame people who leave rotech, I used to work at a DME company rotech bought after I worked there for 2 years. Once rotech took over,things started to go down hill very quickly. Rotech turned a job that I really liked into a nightmare within 6 months. Rotech has a profit before people attitude,they wanted to fire one of the liquid lox drivers because he got the flu and was sick in the hospital for 2 weeks. The funny thing is our liquid driver could not get a day off without getting a bunch of complaining from the new LCM, he was sick for 3 weeks before he went into the hospital. I left rotech in less then a year, rotech's work culture is terrible.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will agree on just about everything you stated with the exception of your opinion on LCM's..
    The one I work with here in pa. DOES know anything that an RT knows. It ain't rocket science.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The LCM's thinks they know respiratory but they really don't. Most RN's are clueless about respiratory. LCM's barely know DME let alone respiratory.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With your attitude, it's a good thing you would not work for me. You would be gone within a week.
    Now I understand why you no longer work for Rotech.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh you must be one of those lame ass LCM's that know nothing about respiratory! Ha!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[/QUOTE]Good points. Ofice staff think all we do is drive around and have a good time. Try going into those houses that stink and dog crap is all over. it's disgusting and they wouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

I have the upmost respect for PSTs but as a CSR who has (and will) get into a van and make deliveries to some of the most disgusting places, I have to say that you are mislead in thinking that none of us would do it. Whenever we are short-handed on the PST end, I will always make myself available to help out and do a route if I am needed. It is not easy and it can be gross but it's all part of the WE CARE ABOUT PATIENT CARE. It has to be about the patient and it has to involve a team. Without a team working with the same goals, the location will be a miserable place to go to every day.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good points. Ofice staff think all we do is drive around and have a good time. Try going into those houses that stink and dog crap is all over. it's disgusting and they wouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

I have the upmost respect for PSTs but as a CSR who has (and will) get into a van and make deliveries to some of the most disgusting places, I have to say that you are mislead in thinking that none of us would do it. Whenever we are short-handed on the PST end, I will always make myself available to help out and do a route if I am needed. It is not easy and it can be gross but it's all part of the WE CARE ABOUT PATIENT CARE. It has to be about the patient and it has to involve a team. Without a team working with the same goals, the location will be a miserable place to go to every day.[/QUOTE]

Wow where do you work? I'll go work with you! Rotech's motto should really be " We don't care about patient care"

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as a whole, Rotech does not care about much, just the bottom line. however you get there, just get there.
    Most employees are taken for granted, the LCM's really take the brunt of it all. If you happen to work for a lazy one, I feel your pain. Not all pitch in.
    With a new head chief you would hope things change, but not so far. Its getting a bit worse. Only time will tell how this all plays out.
    Rotech just doesn't know when they have good employees and never does value their presence. Swinging door.
    keep your fingers crossed and hope the job market opens up. then let the HR dept wonder why???

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't help but to wonder- Why should employees think that management would really "care" about them (much less, Patients).
    I don't think MacFrugals company gave a rats ass about employees either.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did notice that even though the original poster went in and quit he did make sure that the patients had their o2 set up that needed it--sounds like the poor management and practices this company is famous for cost them yet another person who really DID care about patient care...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm a liquid driver for Rotech and I've been at the same location for 16 years, the 3 other drivers been here for quite awhile as well. One driver been here for 19 years, another for 14 years and newest guy been here for 9 years so we don't have a turnover at this location like you mentioned at your location, management may be the issue because the Lcm at my location has been here for 21 years and the csr's been at the same location for over 18 years. Sorry your experience was terrible but not my experience at my location.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everything you said was a lie starting with "I am a Liquid driver".
    Rotech does'nt do liquid o2.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually we do liquid in Jacksonville, FL., St. Petersburg, FlL. Hudson FL. and many other locations. There's no need to lie. I see about 25 liquid patients a week just in my location. So is anyone is lying it's you because if you did your research you'll know that we still have liquid patients and by me saying the length of time I'm here and the other employees most people who knows Rotech would figure out which location I'm with. It's a really well known location.