Revenge: How to get someone fired?

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally False. The Opposite is true. HR is here to Hurt you, NOT help you. Don't believe this Fairy Tale posted by an immature laborer

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CP: Please take down this vile and hurtful thread. Thank You

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Rat is begging CP again ? The Truth hurts Phony HR mole.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because their forcing me to quit before I get fired.

6. FIRED LOSER

FIRED LOSER Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

don't quit before you have a new job lined up. If you quit w\o a job to go to, it will be very difficult to get UI. You'll have to prove the impossible: harassment, etc.

If they fire you, unless it's for a a serious offense, like stealing, you can, in most states, you can collect UI.

Ignore them, and use the time for a full time job search.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's actually not a bad idea.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very low level of success. Indisputable fact: vast majority of pharma and device companies stipulate to recruiters not to submit candidates with Abbott on their resume. Unless the ABT experience is brief, and they have significant experience at more, ahem, "respectable" companies. I guess Abbott's industry reputation precedes it.

Outside Pharma, pharma and device sales experience does not count: no one outside this industry considers what we do to be Sales.

Here's a tip for those trying to get out: when interviewing, if asked the standard "why do you want to leave" question, just answer "well, what do you know about Abbott?". 99% of the time the interviewer will respond with a knowing smile, and move on to the next question.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So True! I've been here almost 15 years, and have been trying to get out for the last 8 at least. I get a lot of recruiter calls looking for names for jobs they are working on. When I say how about me, the conversation usually turns very quickly. I've asked a few I've got to know fairly well, and they tell me exactly what you've posted! Abbott is considered a sweat shop with beat-down employees, and the ones that stick around are worthless.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

HR is there to protect the company and punish the employee.

OEC is there to supposedly protect employees, but at Mother Abbott they really only try to move the corrupt "leadership" to a less damaging/exposed position. (And then perform a witch hunt looking for the employee that "complained")

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on the money To protect and serve us, Human Resources is on our side. So are our dedicated Managers. Riding this gravy train into retirement in April. Loved this place and don't want to go but I must start spend this large 7 figure nest egg.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go to HR if your manager is treating you unfairly, trying to force you out, anything along those lines, and HR will protect you by contacting your manager immediately. The conversation goes like this: "We just heard from Mary Miles, who works for you? Looks like have a problem. Here's what she said.... do you want to start a PIP now, or try to "coach" her first?".

Report your manager for something more serious, like sexual harassment, discrimination, etc, and HR will circle the wagons immediately, with your manager in the center. They will start an investigation on you, start building a case to discredit you, and undermine you so that they can head off any lawsuit you might bring. Watch out, because they will try to make you feel like you are in the circle. But know why: they want your defenses down, and they want you to talk freely. They'll look for a reason to fire you for cause; if they can do that fast enough, before you go to a lawyer, then any case you might bring, they can position as sour grapes. No matter what your manager did, the company will protect him\her because the alternative is bad for business. The only small win you may have is later on, a year or so, if your manager was indeed guilty, he\she may get canned, for some other infraction. Maybe. The higher up, the less likely.

If your manager did something clearly illegal, they'll throw him under the bus immediately. They'll report him to the FDA or whomever is proper. BUT you will be marked as someone who cannot be trusted. No one will want you on their team. After 6 months or so, they'll get you on a PIP, or find a cause for termination if they can.

HR is not your friend. Their job is to protect the company. That includes making sure the company has policies and procedures that address all federal and state requirements in all areas related to employee management. They do that to protect the company from you, not you from the company.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR is your friend unless you're a slacker like the guy above who explained exactly what happened to them

Good Riddance Slouch

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahem. I thing the "slacker above" is someone in HR who sometimes posts honest answers and advice. Unlike you, who seems to have a fill time job monitoring this site, trying to shut down or discredit posts that hit too close to home. isn't that the definition of a troll? Luckily, there are a few good DM's and other managers that will try to be helpful.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is good advice. If you have a problem with your manger, it is always best to start by trying to work it out. Don't complain to your peers. If that gets back to your manager (and is almost always does), you have cut your own feet off. Ask for time to talk, pick a place\time where your manager won't be distracted. Be professional, to the point, objective and honest. Don't complain or accuse, or use words like you "always" or "never". Don't be sarcastic, or joke around. If that doesn't work, then lay low, and try to stay off your managers radar screen. Some things can work out over time. If not, or a conversation goes badly, start looking for something else. Another role within the company. Or outside. Unless your manager has done something illegal, which you are obligated to report, forget daydreaming about revenge and getting him fired or disciplined. 99% of that time that backfires on you. Get to work on trying to fix things, if you can, to getting out.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like that, Now they answer themselves. Clear cut case of low drive, low intelligence and definitely sour grapes from being let go real hard.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i sometimes like to scratch my ass and smell my fingers.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a complete outsider here and i had that shit figured out many comments ago. This site is a riot