Retiree Insurance Payout

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Feb 10, 2016 at 9:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I looked on my annual financial graph for UHC and saw that I received $651.11 in benefits and paid $9878 in premiums. Its not that I begrudge not needing more on health care, but it seems like a lot for little in return. I do not know what I received in pharmacy benefits.

How did you fare?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a BMS retiree, I feel your pain. $849/mo, NO dental -we pay cash- United H C here for wife and myself, two physicals/yr. and both in excellent health. On the otherhand, had an old friend spend 7 weeks in an ICU, which was major $$$. Would not have wanted that bill. BTW, there is NO real BMS retiree health care benefit. As you can see from what we're paying, you can get basically the same plan via Obamacare. Getting BMS drugs you need at no charge is about the only retiree benefit.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless your income is really low the ObamaCare rate per month (so no Tax Credit)
    for two 60 year olds will be closer to $1300 per month with a $2000+ deductible.
    $849 is painful but not as painful as $1300! And with a $600 deductible per person,
    when it's really needed, you'll be thankful...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel the same way - ankle and hip replacement-----I'm ahead of the game. Obamacare will come to an end anyway in November.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[Obamacare will come to an end anyway in November.[/QUOTE]
    That's rich! You guys just dream on. The game is done and Obamacare is here to stay. It ain't perfect and should be improved but your chance of ending it is finished. But keep on trying! And never forget Benghazi. Perhaps another hearing in hopes of nailing Hillary.....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's rich! You guys just dream on. The game is done and Obamacare is here to stay. It ain't perfect and should be improved but your chance of ending it is finished. But keep on trying! And never forget Benghazi. Perhaps another hearing in hopes of nailing Hillary.....[/QUOTE]

The FBI and Justice will nail Hillary.....You can show your support....email her on her private server.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Met a neighbor who retired from Ayerst/Pfizer. His monthly bill for health insurance is $53 and his max out of pocket is $2,000 a year. Is there anything we can do to get them to keep their promises.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure would like to hear what others are doing about this!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will change, BMS was one of the 1st to throw retirees under the bus to punch eps and boost exec bonuses. But that is typical BMS.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true. Everyone is doing it

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is very true, but on the other hand, I have made out like a bandit with BMY stock in my 401k since around 2012! I have about half of my 401k in BMY stock(yeah, I know everybody says not to do that, but I did and it paid off big). BMY was stuck around $27/share in 2012 and is now around $70/share. So, it's hard for me to complain too much about BMS.

I just found out that the contract pharma I've been with for the last few years is laying us off, so I will have to go back onto BMS retiree health insurance at $400/month premium for just myself. Pretty bad, compared to other major pharmas for people with the "rule of 85" like me. Oh, well, if BMY stock keeps surging, I can live with it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to wonder if a lawsuit would force promises to be kept that were made at Horizons - a days long seminar each year telling us that benefits would be there when we retired. There was no mention of the fact they "reserved the right" chane at any time!