Retired Abbott HR Manager taking questions

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone out there want any info then fire away. I am here to help you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got contacted by a Recruiter about a Sales Opening in the New York area and was wondering if it is a step up from other jobs I have had in the past ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say it is a step up if you were a former inmate of "Rikers Island"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I haven't used all my vacation days and put it in my two weeks notice, would they pay me my vacation hours left?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be paid unused vacation pay. Did you formally resign, copy to HR, with a confirmation the the email was opened by each recipient?

Did you include in your resignation note something about the number of vacation days you have left? It's always a good idea to include a summary of total days less days taken from your POV. This forces them to confirm the days they will pay you based on their records, and allows you to correct them before you leave, and get an accurate final pay check. By not doing this, you are leaving this 100% up to HR, who may not have the most accurate picture on that if you are salaried. It's always a hassle to get them to correct an incorrect final pay in your favor after you have left.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey you wuss acc A hole go back to Hospira board This thread is a loser trying to imitate a real thread on hsp board

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BOGUS THREAD GUYS A FIRED ACCS Rep from Hospira and a WUSS too !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK wuss boy, now you got this board laughing at your sorry ass Ahhhh Haaaaa

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was wondering if you would blow me and while your down there trolling around rim my asshole too, you silly, sappy loser, moron!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok open your mouth wide, and we will fire away you troll

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

looks like you were exposed poser why do you refer to hr as "them" if you are in hr? is this what happened to you when you were fired ? awwwwww too bad for you poser nice try nobody buys this fake thread the other guy is right you are a loser answering yourself

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next round of layoffs mid summer. Get ready folks !

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did them make you do all kinds of illegal thaings? Details, pleaze.

Mabel, please spell chek dis posting for the next reader and fix all grammaticle errers, will you?

Thx. And do not call me "Moron" when u do so becuz that is neither polite nor proffessssssional behavior suitable 4 the offise.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did you do to get fired from Hospira? Did someone label you a "wuss", then bully you? If so, you may have a case for discrimination, even if you are not gay but just appear to be by your actions. Please tell us more so we can help.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will the Cubs win the World Series??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't this what all HR people say??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our job at HR is to make you "think" we are here for you and that you can confide in us. However, our loyalty is to upper management and to protect the company at all costs. We will throw you under the Bus and assign blame to you and show that you passed and signed acknowledgment of the LEARN Modules, Ethics training so that we (company) do not take any ownership. It is like we are a wagon train that will make a circle to protect the Management.
    The employees are disposable.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh, who are you, Captain Obvious? Only the most naive, sheltered and gullible newbie does not know that HR exists to protect the company from the employee via establishment of policies and process, and the tracking and documenting employee actions.

Everyone knows that if you go to HR to confide in them, share a problem, they are looking at you through the lens of how can this put the company at risk, and you as something to be silenced or removed? Or both? The first person HR contacts after they get off the phone with you is your manager, and the message is not "what did you do?" but rather "we have a problem".

HR has to walk a tight line between the truth of a situation and the action the company needs to take to silence you. To an extent that don't want to know the truth if that means documenting their liability. Therefor you are guilty by your manager's word alone, and all effort and activity is focused on documenting that. That includes going through all of the tracking against policy tools available to find any case to terminate you with cause, and\or discredit you.

If while doing, as the picture unfolds, it appears that you may be correct, HR's does not say "Aha! We need to shift this investigation to the manager or someone else". Rather, HR goes not a defensive mode: how can we shut this down without leaving a paper trail. That may include the quite re-assignment and eventual termination of a manager who has done something wrong. But it's always down the road, because taking disciplinary action too quickly can be seen a proof of your claim, and therefor spell liability to the company.

Even if you're right you will ultimately loose, because the company will see you as someone who makes waves ands causes problems, in other words, risk. You will be quietly targeted for elimination, also down the road. "Down the road" means they wait 6 months before starting to take action.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was wondering if you would blow me and while your down there trolling around rim my asshole too, you silly, sappy loser, moron!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a fellow Sales Rep who was accused of breaking one of the Ethics codes (by a customer). His Manager knew he was doing this for a while and as long as he was making his numbers the Manager would turn a blind eye. Then when the shit hit the fan the case was swept under the carpet. The Sales Rep was allowed to stay as it was his word against her word. Then about 6 months later when the dust settled they got rid of him for something else unrelated. Once you have a bad mark on you record you are slated for execution and they perform it at a later date.