Retention and why the 20k "bonus" won't work

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Apr 12, 2016 at 8:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You still fail to understand. Throwing a "bonus" paid out a longggggg time from now will not stop the floodgates bolting this sinking ship....the amazing Joe G and his crew are supposed to be uber smart..the new leadership says a lot of the right things...yet you fail to see and or act upon the single biggest problem in pharma and why, until you do, the flood will continue.

lack of leadership under the most incompetent worthless leader to ever run pharma
    Kate is an embarrassment of epic proportions. Until she goes (and can take her incompetent political cronies of RD's with her) nothing will change.

How many are we up to that have left over the past month? 50/60/70?

That is not a monetary issue it is a leadership issue.

Wake the fuck up and make the necessary change.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on! I can not BELIEVE how many people have left recently. I absolutely agree that Kate is a huge part in that. She's completely MIA and will remain that way, unless of course there's good news to be shared.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree but there is more. It is absolutely a leadership issue but it also comes down to money. The salaries companies are offering 20 to 30k greater than ours and our goals are ridiculous so no one is walking away from great money. In addition, it would take 20 years to make 20k more in salary at Alcon with our 2.5 percent raises. There is absolutely no risk in leaving. None. Nothing is on the table to lose. You aren't walking away from an organized, fair company. If all remains equal at a new company, at least you are making more money to deal with it. There is no risk to leave because it is so bad. And don't get me started on Kate. She must have signed an employment contract or something. It is shocking she is still around. All these people quit and we didn't hear a peep from her. Victor called people personally to convince them to stay. That shows me that management knows we don't want to hear from her anymore. Too much silence. Too much distrust across the board. And how do you expect to make a "bonus" plan when you have all these vacancies? Again, nothing to stay for...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually it would be a huge career blunder to leave now. Things are changing for the better here. The grass looks greener at other companies, but that extra money will cost you opportunities for advancement and growth. You will do the same thing over and over and over at other companies while learning very little. Move and you lose.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I would agree that the current environment is so bad it probably can't get much worse, most sensible minds would prefer to step in to a better organization that is operating at a more advanced level and advance from that point.
    Good marketing thought.....stay...how much worse can it get?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree. I've know quite a few people who've left over the last 4 disastrous years and are doing well, happy and thriving at a new company. Yet here it's the same thing year after year. Over promising and underdelivering. Same message every year...it can't get any worse yet... somehow it does. I'm not sure why someone posted "Things are changing for the better, Move and lose." Because I'd really like to know what you're referring to? Sounds desperate.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly, each of the last four years Surgical's National Sales Meeting has started with an apology and a promise to make things better. Next year I'm sure will be 5 in a row. Definition of insanity... Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We are deluding ourselves and have become part of the dysfunction.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know it's really bad when you don't know anybody in your business division any more. How much of the entire Eye Care sales force is two years of tenure or less. My guess is at least 50% but could be much higher. "Back in the day" nobody left, this was a very desirable place to work and we hired professional people. Of course it was a pay for performance company, we made solid bonuses, PClub was in Europe, we had goals/quotas by Feb every year, they were realistic, and it was like a family. All of that's gone and it ain't like a family unless your family works at the carnival or the circus because it's all clowns. Now if you'll excuse me I need to put on big shoes and funny nose so I can go to "work".

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not anymore. Doing something different.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But WIN is making strides . What a joke

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RATS.
    ask the sales vp.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see a DM decided to chime in to the conversation! Look, we're sorry you're now being partially compensated on retention. That really sucks, considering you've been given no resources to actually KEEP your people. How many reps have you lost this month? Do you honestly blame them? So let's talk about this advancement and growth you speak of within Alcon. Growth requires NEW products. Unless I'm missing something, there is ONE possible retina drug in the future that will require a very small sales force. It is the worst pipeline in Alcon's 60+ year history. Maybe surgical and vision care have brighter futures but Eye Care is in serious trouble.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You only got 20k? Lots of us got much more!