Reps being rebadged in 2S

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re-badge him to the zoo is more appropriate.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ken is doing a great job! That is why he is deserving of his hefty raises every year

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on post!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody is seriously reality challenged among the ranks! Or are you Ken?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is 2q and...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And there are 3 months in a quarter

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Original Poster said 2S (second half of year) not second quarter. Vaccine piloting restructure now, PC in second half of year.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insider here in UG - there are going to be large employee dismissals in preparation of the coming on board of the Employee Mandate with Obamacare.The company is going almost entirely contract employees. If I had a position in the field, I would being looking very hard for a new job - forwarned

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe this as well. That is why they had a deadline of 3/31/14 for updating the profiles. Something big will happen in the second half of the year. the PC group will lose a lot of jobs. Good luck to all!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No rebadging but major layoffs coming.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Merck wants you to update your profile like they just required that is a big signal. You should also be updating your individual resumes and start looking or testing the waters for other opportunities. just be ready. Layoffs will happen this year.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps kept will have dynamic broad experience with Merck. If all you have done is a rep job and you are making north of 100k, it's over. Expect to see MAEs, NAE's, CTLs, HSAs and the like taking rep jobs for less money. This will happen, I assure you. If it gets too bad you might see a DCO take a s1 rep job, kidding of course. This really stinks but it is out of your control. No more than one Merck rep and one contract will visit an office. Only profitable offices will be called on.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After all. this is business, not personal.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe what you say. Makes sense, especially with the calls on offices limited to one rep and only calls to profitable offices. I say add on make calls only to offices who actually want and need a rep.

The idea that it wasn't born here ("dynamic broad experience with Merck") is very shortsighted, even arrogant. Only work experience performed at Merck is of value? Tell that to staffing crews at other companies. It will bring some big chuckles.

The downside of all this slicing and dicing? Major loses...... of people who have plenty to offer. This whole debacle is a case of "tossing out of the baby with the bath water."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is such a load of crap…nothing like this will happen because MAEs, NAE's, CTLs (especially CTLs, and HSAs are the chosen people of Merck…Senior Management likes the fact these people are major Kool-Aid drinkers and bleed Merck green…they are assured of high paying steady employment their who lives with Mother Merck…their may be a few speed bumps along the way, and a couple of unlucky ones may have to take a lesser job…

But for the most part, Merck protects their chosen people...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question....why is this so? Why are managers rock star idols?

Big differences exist amongst managers. Some were clearly star studded salespeople. Others, you wonder if they ever sold at all!! Some are good managers,
    but others can't juggle the ball, crunch the numbers or finesse people with the skills they need.

A good rep does not always = a good manager....25% similar knowledge needed but 75-90% different skills required.

Two different jobs.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kind of like being a somewhat competent attorney (according to some) and suddenly thinking you can effectively lead the company as CEO.....lead it into bankruptcy. Two different jobs with different skills.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's very legal and that exact terminology was written out in an updated HR package that was rolled out about 2 years ago. I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to get around to it. Not sure if there is any truth that it will be across the board or in 2S of this year, but rebadging is definitely a topic that was covered in an HR benefits package in the past.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we are again. The sky is falling! No "re-badging." This ass has been posting this nonsense for a long time. Proof that you get no accurate info from the same lame-brain, few disgruntled individuals that are responsible for the majority of posts on CP. They never work so they can be on all day.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard vaccine reps are going through the restructure now and Primary Care will be later this year. What's the word from HQ??