Reps being rebadged in 2S

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company going to rebadge employees second half of this year. Reps will become contract reps and given a partial severance package for their troubles. Change is coming!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! That will suck if it really happens. I keep hearing that change is coming but no one ever explains exactly what change. Becoming sort of a mantra. "Merck, where change is coming!, Be Well!"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well reps are qualified to go work in food delivery, so there's that!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did you read this? Sync? Executive blog? If not you aren't authorized to discuss this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are CTLs going to be rebadged too? Are they going back East to draw the lines for the rep territories that will be offered as inventive jobs next week?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is that possible? Is it legal to do that? How does that work?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original Poster: I do believe that what you say is true. Thought it would happen even sooner than this. How did you hear about the 2S rebadging? Are you just guessing, or do you have some credible inside info? Thanks for the heads up, and please let us know how you learned this info.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks dad

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is Sync or Executive Blog? Is that a Merck internal system for the home office?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does that mean we will become Inventiv Reps? Does anyone know what the pay range is for that? I don't even know any Inventiv Reps to ask.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just looked for an Inventiv board on here and I don't see one. Does anyone know if there is an Inventive board? I see Inventiva but that doesn't look right.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't deserve to wear the Merck badge. Go get a job at mcdonalds mr. Jerk

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are a contract clinical trials and sales firm who custom their packages to pharm companies who desire to outsource. This happened to the BARDS group in 2010 or so. Data managers and clinical statisticians were rebadged. That was the start. Then it spread to other parts of MRL and MMD. To be blunt, the pay and the benefits are worse. I saw the whole process. In my example, about a $20-30,000 pay cut and worse benefits. We did not go this route, but many others did. They had no choice, really. These types of companies are the ones hiring.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you talking about http://www.inventivhealth.com? They would not have a dedicated board because they tailor packages to the pharm industries that want to outsource. They don't represent one pharm company, but many.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But they still have common management and challenges. They also would discuss the pros and cons of their situation that is Inventivhealth as a company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PDI and Quintiles are the same thing and yet they have boards for this.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear the package includes a little carrot to stay.

Latest gossip is a 50K sign-on to cover the first year alone.

Gotta' be true!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still no news a bunch crazy speculation. This is great transparent leadership making us play these stupid games. Why didnt they just roll this out in a video followed by our region calls today instead all these messages causing stress?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their CP board is under Ventiv.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Senior leadership is still pinning down the timing of this all. Most likely Sept or Oct timeframe. Reps get to keep a salary coming in and receive a partial severance that makes up for the reduction of salary. If you turn down the deal you will be leaving without a severance. The company is not required to pay full severance when they are offering a rebadging deal. However, not everyone will be so lucky to be offered a chance to move to a contract role. There will be a head count reduction still, just not technically as large as we were originally thought because of this creative angle. Those not offered a rebadging opportunity will be able to qualify for full severance.