Repatha Nurses

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Nov 30, 2015 at 5:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR Monitor:: In case you didn't know...it is AGAINT COMPANY P&P to promulgate rumors on a public thread like this !! Please stop immediately. FYI, we do pass these upline to Leadership and they are not pleased. Could initiate in-company investigation if posts made with Company equipment. So please back down.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KB, the monitor is from Cafe Pharma, dumbass

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR Monitor:: We are not part of CP. HRM monitors all known web sites for postings about the Company. We report P&P violations back to Leadership. Rumors about KB should not be posted. Please stop now!!!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is being reported to leadership? That's great! Report away! Maybe they will listen and get this mess cleaned up. We all are stressed and feel uneasy about the future of this program. And as for the south region, KG is the farthest you can get from a manager. Amgen needs to take the team onboard as direct hires. UBC was not in any way prepared. I am looking for another job as well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i agree with the previous poster. From day 1 Amgen didn't allow us to educate. All we can do is sit and wait for our reps to let us know about a patient training. We should be doing SO MUCH MORE! I was so excited about this job when I first started. My reps ask me why I'm not doing more. Expected to be doing all the things field educators do like speaker programs of my own, patient community events and more. This is NOT a real nurse educator position. Amgen will see when most of the team leaves (after we get our bonus) that they made a huge mistake.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

However you look at it, this program just doesn't stack up to the competition. I know it's a new drug but come on...... Biggest issue is the reps. They have no idea how to work with us. All of my gen med reps are ***holes. Very green to the industry. Why would Amgen pay 100 nurses 100 grand a year yet set no guidelines to their sales department on how to best utilize us? Idiots. Then there is UBC. We do way too much documentation. And the Avaya app just to set up a patient appointment? Then Runzheimer, now JDE time sheets. Too much monitoring of salaried employees. Again, not an industry standard for CNE programs. The car allowance is still not good. If you are not going out much, you are making no money. Other programs have a set allowance that's guaranteed. And that crappy hotel they put us up in Nashville. I knew after that trip that this program had big issues. My question for you is, are you going to wait around for cuts to see if you make, it or look now? We don't need 100 nurses. It's going to happen. Management likely doesn't know it's coming and if they do, they won't tell us. I heard Ubc has to pay Amgen if nurses leave. They are out for themselves, not the nurses. It's just how this industry operates.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps, Huh, If yall got out of the freaking house or better yet act like you give 2 shits for what you do? Since the mileage went down on the allowance , mine hasn't left the f@#king house. Anudda job well done, and to answer your question knowing this company, I would start looking now Cupcake!
    Happy new year!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That nurse should be going wherever she is asked, within reason. In my region, we go 2 to 3 hours for lunches or patients. So you are right, that's not cool. Wonder if her manager knows. Those of us sitting home a lot aren't be asked to go anywhere. As far as Amgen goes, it comes from the top. If reps haven't worked with nurses before, they don't know how to capitalize on having our services to increase sales. Or use us to get into difficult to access accounts. Especially if it is a state that doesn't have a Praluent nurse. Can make a big difference in some accounts.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wouldn't blame Amgen here. UBC oversold their expertise and resources to Amgen. They should have guided Amgen through setting up a nurse team, and if they were way off on something, call them on it. For a bunch of nurses sitting home a lot, what exactly are their ten managers doing? Most of the reps don't have a clue about how to use Repatha nurses. Most offices do their own. It's not rocket science!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neither company understands how much a field nursing team can do. I think we have a good group but Amgen should have had field nurse training on how to use nurses. Nurses could be doing so much more. But UBC doesn't listen to anything anyone tries to tell them and Amgen won't use us as we should be used. Mix the two together... Bad news UBC has no idea that our reporting system still doesn't work and all the numbers are screwed up. we keep hearing about "the numbers" but this system can't even show any of us what we are doing. I know what I'm doing each week doesn't match up to what I'm hearing. Shouldn't our reporting system match other comaony's? Why do we have to spend more time reporting than we do with patients? Amgen should have done better research on hiring a nursing team. And they should have told sales how to work with field nurses. Very stupid on both companies. Listen to what we tell you. We've done this a lot longer than you have.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone got to our manager. She's trying to be super nice. Guess she got talked to? She still acts rude to us on our conference calls and she will never change Bet her head is spinning that she didn't get the director job after working so hard to get the old director out. Karma is a bitch.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What will it take to keep nurses on board and happy? What can leadership do?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be a knucklehead. Amgen can't break the UBC contract because our arrangement with UBC is a trade off for Express Scripts to add Repatha to their formulary.
    Need that PBM payer access and if we walk from the UBC arrangement, express might pivot and put us behind Pralulent. So for the greater good, just shut up and bite the bullet with UBC. It could be worse.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy for you to say. You don't work for them.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy for you to say. You don't work for them.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i call BS on the post about Express Scripts adding Repatha because of our contract with UBC. If that was the case why would they have added Praluent at all? We're a drop in the bucket compared to Express scripts pharmacy services. Also the Praluent and Repatha call center nurses are probably the same people......yet we have a 5 page non compete.....wtf

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy: get rid of the absolutely worthless Florida manager and replace her with a competent manager, let us have a car allowance like we have had at other companies or a company car, get rid of CRM.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To begin with, UBC has deliverables that they must meet in order to be fulfilling the Amgen contract. Things like rate of attrition, response time to patients, and sometimes even numbers of programs are examples. Contracts are broken all the time in this industry, by history, which I'm sure is what the seasoned educators are referring to. The "put up and shut up" is an incredibly antiquated way of thinking. So is holding onto managers who are incapable of leading, those who undermine, harass, or even worse, their educator teams. The Nurse Educators are adults, and not two year olds. What could possibly be wrong with a NE wanting the industry standard: car allowance, user friendly recording tool, and to be treated with the respect they deserve? I have never, ever, been witness to such a waste of time, money and talent.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And as far as being a knuckle head, shame on us for not showing our BSRs to work with nurses there are several territories and regions that are not bringing nurses in with them UBC gave us the opportunity to decide how many nurses and where we wanted them. Shame in any DM or BSR that is not trying to being a nurse into each and every call they go on. These nurses will get laid off quickly if we do not use them. In the past, I've had my nurse in the field with me for days at a time calling on every account in my territory. Crazy if your not doing that now.