Relocation Package

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2015 at 10:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe there is now a minimum severance package in place for employees

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure? what is it? I haven't seen anything. Also didn't we have a serverance plan in place before they Abbvie purchase and they negotiated it away in the deal? I wonder if any new policy would have a clause against this.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relocation is negotiable just like salary

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a new hire, it is junk

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire really doesn't negotiate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And next question is how safe it is to take a job with them when they can get taken over any day now

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can get taken over? Try they WANT to get taken over!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pure speculation

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pure fact. They already tried last summer and Fleming was ditched like a cheap hooker. Why else would they totally flip a culture from one where everyone was respected and truly cared about this company to the one that it is now.

Performance driven, my ass!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BOY....someone is bitter.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The word Shire is very ancient and is used to denote a district or region that has its own special administration. According to the Online Etymological Dictionary linguists have proposed a Proto-Germanic asterisk-word, *skizo, as an ancient root for “shire”.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire made its money off of the fall through with Abbie. Sure, they may get bought up in the next year or two...but lets be realistic now......they tried, it failed, they profited.

Now they will see if they can succeed and if not, they can just throw in the towel again.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The relocation package is a typical industry package. You won't get crap but don't expect to get them to buy out your current home (that stopped when the market took a plunge) or give you enough relo money to afford to live in the lexington area. It is fair and equivalent to what is out there.

The company as a whole is the question mark. I don't seem them tanking or selling off any time soon, but other folks see them ready to jump ship ASAP. Good thing is that there are plenty of biotech companies up there in the case of a layoff.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing with them now. How are the benefits? Any extra company perks/discounts?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nowhere near what they were before these new idiots took over with their "One Shire" bullshit. They are intent on squeezing every penny to keep our price fat and sellable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Renting at first is a great way to settle into a new city without making a commitment to a neighborhood you might end up not liking,

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ten years ago, saying good-bye to friends and colleagues when moving was hard. Now we have Facebook, text message, Skype, and cheap cross-country airfare. So, as hard as it is to leave your best friend behind, know that they’re just a phone call or email away. One way to ease the pain is to set up a scheduled call with a close friend. In a new city, knowing that you can call home every Thursday afternoon at 5:00pm will be a comfort.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow you all must be desperate in Lexington, trying to sell the move up there hard. Maybe if the leaders of this company weren't such assholes that ruined a thriving culture more people would be willing. Instead, take the package, sell your stock and leave this shithole as fast as you can. If you are taking one of the several hundred openings, you'll regret it.

Oh and F' you perry!!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What in the world does that mean?