RECON?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Aug 23, 2016 at 8:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who can give me some (honest to goodness) details regarding STryker recon? Products? Reputation? Market share? Leadership? Mako making a difference? real ansswers only, looking to make a move from pharma and want it to be the right one..

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is my understanding that those with pharma backgrounds are usually not considered for these types of sales jobs. On many of the job postings I see related to implant roles it specifically states that those trying to move over from pharma will not be considered. Perhaps I am telling you something you already know. Anyway, best of luck to you.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is correct. Stryker does not want your kind. The majority (95+% of you) are nothing more than glorified caterers that are done by 3:30 every day so u can p/u your kids from school b/c your work ethics are atrocious. This job does not mesh well for you b/c it often requires you to a) actually work b) work past 5:00 60% of the time & c) sell on something other than your looks and a white paper your silly Pharma company published. I'm not discounting that you don't work, you just don't work hard and an Orthopedic surgeon would eat you alive.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get over yourself. You are a box opener and nothing more. Total joints isnt rocket science. Cases could easily run themselves without a rep in the room. Now go tell your friends how you saved the day in that total knee this morning by opening the correct box! My god, you are this close to being a doctor!!! Douche bag.....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with the last post. I graduated from college in 1992 and took a job in pharma in the fall of the same year. Back then, pharma was still a respected industry, but i was not challenged on a daily basis. In 1995, I accepted a job with a competitive implant company and have killed it ever sense. It has nothing to do with what you did in the past, but everything to do with who you are are as a person: work ethic, showing up on time, attention to detail, product knowledge, etc.. I work for a competitive company, and the best sales person in our territory is actually the Stryker rep because he sucks so bad that many of our competitive docs have switched to our company because we give better service.

Don't give up on the industry because of what you hear. Follow your passion and your core values: are you are a good person and believe in yourself and your abilities? If you do, you will be successful, independent of what manufacturer you work for, and regardless of the industry.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you also need to be concerned with a rapidly shrinking commission rate if that is direction you are going in. With ASP's dropping plus your commission rate you can lose your income very quickly through no fault of you own

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

to answer your question, recon varies greatly from pharma, and other medical devices like sports, trauma etc. highly. joint surgeons rely on contracts with industry, and their implant choices follow the same path. if your company loses a R&D deal, forget about that guys business. cutthroat. very different than pharma, good luck