Recon Distributor Changes

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by anonymous, Jan 2, 2016 at 6:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If all of the distributors are getting a 1.5% cut in commissions the why do the new guys in Nebraska and Iowa get to keep the old plan. Their reps have no impact and we all get cuts. Just not fair and simply wrong! These guys are brand new and already get preferential treatment

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Junior and Chad will be flying around in their own private jets soon! How can the exec's allow this group to have special deals and more money than the rest of us? This may be rumor and nothing more.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those guys are a total joke! The old man who ran that distributorship was a stud and built it himself. The young son and his buddy will run it into the ground! No way they deserve a better deal than the rest of the country...they have paid no dues and have earned nothing!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same old sad story...Nebraska and Iowa get special treatment. Management caves every time that group whines and threatens. Just treat everyone the same and everything would be fine.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure where the information is coming from but I've heard it's worse. Things are changing big time and the distributors will just pass it on to the reps who do all of the work...same old story. Those two could be the worst. Good luck

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real blame is upper management . They have been cutting the Distribution for Recon for years. Primarily due to a horrible acquisition. Secondarily, no new products that would have kept us in the game for years. Thirdly , JNJ will get there money no matter what and the Management of Depuy will do what they are told. NO LEADERSHIP. More cuts coming.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well said! The Depuy people will fall in line with what J&J says.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The distributor network isn't the problem. It's that the company keeps pushing the commission percentage down. The distributor shares the hit and everyone loses!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those of us around for a while. We sold trauma with a vastly inferior product. The recon reps lost the sales commissions with management telling us how we would grow knees since the Attune was so great. Lies!!! We lost our marketshare in Revision hips with no real products to compete. We saw a failed attempt to knock off our competitors products then saw one recall after another with it. Lies!! We saw our great shoulder line become third tier with once again no investment. Lies!! We saw Hoods and Gowns which we dominated gone, Blades gone, failed co selling business arrangements. We were a great company we are now a joke. Then the biggest deception the Metal on Metal disaster. The leadership is not for winning for the team just their stock options!!!Discusting!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sir are correct! Total lack of leadership. Remember when we were told to build your team to sell the trauma line, then they took it away yet we still have that extra mouth to feed. We have to be the team player with other divisions and play by JNJ rules yet compensation is not equal. Spine gets company car and health benefits, trauma gets health benefits, we get zip. We were once the 800 pound gorilla with many products, now corporate can't seem to get us on many contracts, having us denied access to our accounts. May be time to join the other team. PS. I've been with Depuy in the field for 15+ years

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whats up with Chambers?
    Heard he is on leave

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The distributors aren't the issue. The company keeps telling us lies about implant issues and our customers are getting sick of it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason those other divisions get those is because they don't have distributors. I don't know about other distributorships but our distributor is starting to nickel and dime us on everything. I've been doing this a long time and it's coming to a point where it's not worth it any more. It's bad enough dealing with the lack of new products, back orders, losing product lines, etc from corporate. When your distributor starts charging for everything and won't invest to grow its that much worse. It's also going to be real fun when they start cutting commission based on pricing. If going direct means I can get the implants, instruments, and support I need to take care of my current customers and grow the business I would jump on it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to be part of the old Riordan group. The new guys are turning out to be way worse than the old guy! Keeping as much as they can before the end comes.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

unfortunately it is a different distributor. It sounds like this is the norm with DePuy now. With distributors acting like this and corporate not keeping up it may be time to talk to Zimmer.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The days of distributors are coming to an end. We have decided that we'd like to better control the messaging and pricing and we are moving to a 100% direct model for recon.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

whos we?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our distributor is now charging us for everything from shipping,patient education brochures, a portion of our office, and much more. There is little to nothing of value they provide anymore. The only positive is being 1099 so I can pick up side lines that they aren't involved with. They have cut our implants and instrument inventory to the point where we can't take on new business. He hasn't met with a surgeon in my territory in years. He does fly in on his jet once or twice a year to take the team to dinner and tell us stories about his rich friends so I guess that is nice.

Now that our local Biomet distributor took its reps 1099 I am making the move and taking my whole team with me. The only thing holding me back is all the money we are making on ethicon product....joking

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

His own plane? Come on -where are you ?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A useless corporate pig