Reasonable discussion?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You tell em Joe.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is Joe?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol, Medicare 02 is pretty straight forward. Your revenue team should have known that and most importantly you should have too. Tell me: Do you know the qualifications for a Medicare patient to receive 02 reimbursement from Medicare? Have you ever seen a CMN? There is no " reading " qualifications at all they are pretty straight forward.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Doctor Knowitall,
    I'm pretty sure this isn't about a MCR CMN! Chart notes are most likely what this person is talking about and those are not straightforward. There are many dates, things that physicians need to put into a chart note, DX's, and overall readability that are the concerns here. Then you have the doctor putting what he/she believes is correct, the PCC who tries to interpret them, the CSR that tries to interpret them, and then ultimately the Revenue rep who does the same thing. So many gray areas and so many different interpretations can come out of those.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To add to the fun, many doctors are frustrated with having to provide chart notes now

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! Thank you!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am very aware of the Medicare guidelines and what a proper CMN looks like. I am also aware of qualifying testing, what chart notes should have, etc. What I don't understand is how five people can look at a chart note and read five different things! What I think we are all aware of is that Medicare is not black and white... It has numerous shades of grey and loves to add another shade on a whim!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You tell em Corey. Biggest poster on the site.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kevin Stock fired in Chicago.Please bring back June Kirk to run our team.

Eric

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corey is still there? Who's butt has he been kissing?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More people exiting: Debra H, longtime sales trainer; Gina K. (formerly Gina B.), marketing program manager -- who it appears is leaving before her axe falls.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I WISH Pete F had been let go. It would show something's right in the world.

I remember meeting him when I first got hired and the guy was such a pompous jerk! Everyone in my Sales A group couldn't stand the guy, but...jerks get ahead don't they?

And not a single one of my Sales A group is still with the company. Don't think most made it past a year. Hmmm

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former PCC here:

Answer a)
    Lexington was my biggest obstacle. Nice folks there but they were set up to fail. My referral sources HATED that they dialed a local number and got someone in Kentucky who didn't know what they were doing. Many of them didn't know what they were doing because they had only been with the company for a very short time before being put on the phone to answer tough questions.

Answer b)
    DSM and DOM were basically phoning it in and collecting a paycheck, with no accountability really. They also didn't know what they were doing, other than watching their top PCCs flee one by one.

Answer c)
    See answer a

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the thoughtful (and only) reply to this question. Most of what shows up on this sight is about firing everyone to fix it instead of really trying to understand and listen to a core issue someone presents. Of course, I'm sure there are some who agree or disagree. Would be curious to hear what others have to say on this topic especially if it aligns with reasonable discussion.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It starts with hiring qualified people not employees at 10.00 a hr. PPSC got funds and concessions from Kentucky to open call center there and provide jobs, but with what they were paying they got bottom of the barrel employees, some with training could have probably excelled, but without it no

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree with the above poster. Also, this is a valuable insight as to the role that Lex has in PCC issues - which is something I never considered really. I always look at it from the Ops side, so thinking about patients not talking to their "home CSR" every week seemed like not a big deal since their "home Technician" was still making deliveries.

Thanks for the new perspective! I will pass this along to others here at Corporate.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you pay someone a $10/hr wage, expect a $10/hr effort.