Real Early lump sum offers

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2015 at 5:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the numbers posted before today we're bullshit. Theyjust became available this morning. What a weird bunch of fucks. Who does shit like that?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jerks and idiots. I called it early on because the numbers made no sense, especially the monthly numbers vs lump. With toes numbers the entire company would quit.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accessed the website this morning:
    Age = 52
    8.5 years, severed in 2010, legacy ex-Pfizer

#1 $155,000
    #3 $124,000
    #4 $820
    #5 $1500

Offer is OK, not great. Will consult with a financial pro, but leaning toward option #5 (Why: no dependents, single, lump would only add ~15% to my retirement portfolio & let Pfizer keep the risk).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone on this site.
    Duhhhhh

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical Pfizer Pfucking Assholes.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#1 165000
    #3 132000
    #4 $550
    #5 $2500

11 years DM 7 years legacy Pharmacia- sticking with the plan

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way, if you're married affects the amounts a lot.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

25yrs.
    IHR, TsR
    6k /month
    1,437,000 lump

Special money for special people, I guess. Taking the money and getting out of this sewer.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a horseshit deal, especially if you are still in your thirties. Got offered about 3.5 years worth of what my annual payouts will be if I wait till age 65. I declined. The fact that they ended the pension was a big reason why I left. This ridiculous attempt to assume people don't they will live to see 70 and would cash out now only reinforces my belief that the people running Pfizer are dumber than a bag of hammers

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's no McKinnell deal!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10 year difference in age between poster 37 & 38 would account for some of the difference (47 vs 57 (older = higher lump sum)).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on your numbers, you are close to 65. If not, this is a lie.

Also, once you are out of Pfizer, nothing is "special", you are just a number.

The current Pfizer pension is funded at 94% of it's obligations, I would hardly call that a "sewer".

Good luck!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curious, did you model what your lump sum would be in 30 years, if invested in a low cost stock based ETF (e.g. VTI) with moderate returns (5% - 6%)?

It will be interesting to find out what the acceptance rate is for this offer (I will likely go with option #5 as well).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I did, and option #5 is clearly the best choice. I would net a sum in the mid 60K range after taxes on the lump sum payout. It is clearly designed to get some people off the books now and offer it again later to those who turn it down. 3M did this routinely back in the 80's and 90's, before it fragmented into so many different sectors. It's a sign of a late stage multinational company starting to shed obligations and diversify. Not taking this one. If there are no more, that's fine. Would rather have the security of something to either supplement or take the place of social security. I have 20 plus years yet to work

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it does not. Where do you get this shit?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15-20 years ago, proud to be a Pfizeree, the last 10, its a sewer. I earned every penny! and then some.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age. Huge factor

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The people who have stayed at this shit hole are mad jealous of these payouts to people who got packages and now this. Chasing that phantom promotion, all the bs career ladders to nowhere, kissing ass till they can't taste the difference between shit and french fries. And now the people who left are getting a quarter million dollars for leaving

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm calling BS on post #52; in your dreams. I was a senior DM at the top of the DM pay scale when I separated from Pfizer. I had 25 years, currently 54, I would draw ~ $6700 per month at 65 & my lump sum offer is ~ $615,000. Try again ihr post #52

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got ripped ff. I have 27 years and age 56 and my lump is 745,000