Real Early lump sum offers

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2015 at 5:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please post your July 10, 2015 early lump sum offers here so that we can make a more informed decision.

Monthly pension amount at age 65

Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age 54
    Years of service 19
    Monthly pension amount at age 65 $2867

My offer is $576,877

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget about federal and state taxes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The $567k offer can be rolled over to my 401k and/or IRA and remain pre-tax or I pay 10% plus it counts as regular income on my taxes. I am rolling it over.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was your position? DM rep etc

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those who have received their packages:

1) Was a payout date provided?
    2) How closely does the monthly and lump sum amounts match what's listed on the Pfizer Fidelity pension modeling website?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you like it? Can you negotiate for higher? If you took the lump sum, what is your take home amount (after taxes, etc)?

Thanks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you pay the taxes and roll it over, all or part, to a Roth IRA? Can you also pay the taxes on it over a 3 year period instead of one? The Roth is typically protected from creditors and you can withdraw any of your principal with no penalties at any time, and also leave it to your heirs without you or them having to take out any mandatory withdrawals, so it can become a true wealth building instrument for your future generations. Not sure if it escapes the dreaded death tax, though.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is a glaring follow up questions to your in depth questions. Why are you asking? Those of us that are qualified to collect the lump sum or roll over, are provided all the answers to your questions. Each answer is specific to our individual qualifying scenario. Therefor, why do you ask so many questions here? Lazy? less-intelligent? or paid market research?
    or all of the above.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of the above. I was actually trying to be polite by asking about the Roth instead of being an asshole like you by telling you and everybody else reading this thread about good information they may not know about.

BTW, asswipe, there are no "individual qualifying scenarios" when it comes to flipping a lump sum pension to a Roth. There are no more income limits. You also failed to mention the potentially best option, the Roth.

It absolutely fits that you were a DM. What a fucking prick you are!!! A total fucking pussy who had to ruin good reps' careers by being an asshole to them. Hope someone kicks your ass during your retirement. Karma is a bitch!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thoroughly stupid

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do it yourself. This isn't free financial advice.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you figure this or did they give you these numbers? The lump vs the pension don't add up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received it in my package on Saturday.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe that you ever worked for Pfizer. I am the DM that put down my offer, not the person you replied to with the above quote. I will pray for you and your bitterness/anger issues.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would love to hear more examples...I know I will find out on the 15th...but excited to hear.

Fidelity had my wrong mailing address and they said they would not mail another package, but could do everything online starting the 15th.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR Benefits/Pfizer had the wrong address for me as well. Strange, as I've been getting the Pfizer Pension Plan Annual Funding Notice (in 2014 was 95.28%) - maybe they're using different addresses??? I hope I get my "package" tomorrow. If not, I'll be on-line Wednesday trying to figure out what the offer is.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow; I'm pleasantly optimistic based on the former DM that posted their numbers. Here is my situation; 25 years, pension @ 65 ~ $6700/month. I have not received my lump sum number yet, but will post when I do