Reach and Frequency/Values and Behaviors

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by RTBKPL, Aug 19, 2016 at 7:35 AM.

1. RTBKPL

RTBKPL Member

R&F is BS....I once had the 6th highest sales in the nation with a new drug while at the same time having been 5th FROM THE BOTTOM in the SE for call average. I give my manager at the time credit for not busting my ass for this although it had to be mentioned in my evaluation and the RM did chide me for it.....but I was calling on the right guys with the right message and I am NOT convinced that the call averages of many other reps were valid. Interestingly enough (I kept all the data from those days) I was later hired by the manager of the first Ciba Geigy Oncology Division who had a top 10 call average for the same period of time but was barely inside the top 50 percent in sales.....go figure. You cannot take R&F to the bank but it's a metric that managers like to throw around. Years later I remember getting my ass busted for not making ONE call on a top 10 doctor in my territory while my counterparts were logging call after call after call. THE DOCTOR WAS DEAD, had been for the previous two trimesters. When I questioned one particular counterpart she said her manager told her that her R&F would be perfect, no questions, no arguments. HA. Have a great day my friends and remember....

Never let the bastards get you down.

RTBKPL

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes! And one day at band camp, i jerked off!!! Can you please go away?? Take your meager laughable "retirement" and just go away

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I enjoy RT's musings--have missed them in the last few months. The whole subjectivity of evaluations are crap. The rep knows his territory. Once a bogus list is generated god knows where, we are expected abandon all knowledge of our business. The reps who truly are successful in sales may only have a handful of prescribers but they get the maximum return from their territory. The only way our managers can justify their jobs is by having their meaningless opinions count for something, ergo V&B. I became an anarchist long ago, thank god I have a territory that produces.

4. RTBKPL

RTBKPL Member

Seriously? You made it to band camp? I don't think so, most people in the band were of above average intelligence which would not include you. Have a great day my friend and remember....

Never let the bastards (or the jerk offs) get you down.

RTBKPL

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice beaver amphib

6. RTBKPL

RTBKPL Member

For an airplane this size it is surprisingly nimble in the air and on the water. I was told that landing an amphibian such as a Beaver on hard surface runway was like landing a shopping cart but it was really quite easy. Full check out for 3500 bucks includes 8 hours of ground and 5 hours in the air. Glassy water landing was easier than any other seaplane I have flown, over the LVR at 150 fpm down and fly her to the water, smooth as a baby's ass. Confined area take off was a breeze for such a large amphib.
    Four hundred and fifty supercharged horsepower really eats some fuel though. Hope to be flying one of these in Alaska next summer. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYf6yiJ9xAM