RAPIVAB bioCSL Contract

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Nov 3, 2015 at 3:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is anyone else worried about this contract. Lets just put a couple things out there that should have everyone on this contract worried.
    1. Flu treatment being launched when flu season is already here.
    2. No detail aids!
    3. No Package Inserts!
    4. No budgets to work territory (over nights, flights, meals)
    5. Management who wants Rapivab to get stocked on every call, yet have to find the right decision makers, P&T, pharmacy, who has to review product but mangers don't understand.
    I am sure there will be others added to this list.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sold Tamiflu and can't imagine why someone would use this over an oral unless there was some resistance problem with Tamilfu. I'm not reading any safety or efficacy advantages with this.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't post on cafepharma & interviewed for this position and didn't take it because I did my research and reached out to several key ER docs about this product. 9 out of 10 docs said no way -- they would not request a purchase or formulary request per price ($800, really?) and not to mention whenever a flu patient arrives into the ER they are always treated with IV fluids, oral Tylenol or Motrin, ketorolac, whichever fits best, or Ofirmev, or Tylenol crushed if patient NPO, and home on Tamiflu or antibiotic if infection present, and oral treatments that are both over the counter or prescription, decongestion OTC options, and most important -- a cost effective option best for patient and hospital. If you look at your study for $800 injection it proves to only lower side effects caused by flu and decrease fever. Primary and Secondary study results for this expensive drug is not going to happen in emergency care units when they can administer Tylenol or fluids for pennies. Sorry but true! I did my research. Get your resumes updated if you feel defeated.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are no benefits to administering this expensive treatment versus other cost effective options! I am really unsure why BioCSL thought this was going to be a blockbuster?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone on this contract should be looking. Do all districts do conference calls each week with territory updates? Our manager does weekly conferece calls wanting to hear about updates on all the territories. Makes us feel like we have a babysitter. Most of us have been in the industry for sometime now and know what we are doing and we do not need to have a babysitter. Reasons to be looking: Contract issues with distributors. No bonus payout as stocking issues. Not switching the reps over to bioCSL/Seqirus. No budget to work your territory. No corporate help for large/national hospital organizations. We would be better off being switched to bioCSL/Seqirus and ditching touchpoint as they do not know how to run a hospital sales force.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is everyone who started on this contract still there or has anyone left this gig yet?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This contract and gig is the BIGGEST JOKE. Everyone as bioCSL...oh wait Sequiris(nice name)...is so naive to think this drug will get ANYWHERE. I think NOT. No one wants to stock it(maybe a few ignorant ones) and no one will write it. PERIOD! Oh and DATA- Hahahahahahahahahaha- that's a new one. What data? There is NONE!! Insane to think this super expensive IV drug will be used. No resources, budget??, and NO communication about a so called bonus. Good luck with this one.....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is going on with this contract? Instead of giving budgets for the current team to do their jobs, bioCSL or Seqirus would rather hire new reps to work some of the existing territories. Sounds like a lot of money is going to be spent with salaries instead of just giving territory travel budgets. For a company that says there is no money for budgets sure has some to spend on salaries. Company is way backwards.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

again...joke of a contract. I don't get how they pay everyone when NO ONE is really writing this crap of a drug. And they are hiring more ppl and the manager has not told their team. Who hires on their team with NO announcement....esp those reps that work that area they hired for.....screwed up...all of it

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is stringing everyone along. NO communication about anything!! Once a month cc from JJ about really nothing. He doesn't tell anyone how they are going to pay anyone. Oops speaking of bonus....cough cough.....is there one? They can't track scripts written for hospitalized patients...so they are paying bonus on orders....but that has not been confirmed whatsoever. Biggest joke of a back ASS wards company.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Joke, Joke, Joke! Everyone hear about the layoffs that were given out last Friday. YES you are reading this right. 2 reps were laid off last week. No budgets but we are able to hire more reps, No bonus, No corporate support, not stocked at 2 of the biggest distributors cardinal and FFS, Nobody working national or regional IDNs.
    If you are interviewing for one of these positions be very aware of what is going. You will have a large territory but no budget for overnight travel. They will expect you to work accounts that have no interest in the product until corporate has made the decision to stock it, but nobody is working those corporate decision makers.
    Lookout! Lookout! Lookout! If you are currently working for this company and contract you should already be looking for a new job. They didn't roll you over with the new name change and they are just going to roll you out of a job after flu season. The new drug can totally be sold by the insides sales for just like your other flu drugs are.
    You heard it here first from someone who is not even working this contract but know people who are working this contact and who have lots of years of hospital experience.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This job is a joke. If you are interviewing for a position run and run fast. The "senior" DM is a joke. Asked him about his hospital experience and he doesn't have any hospital launch experience. Almost felt like he would be babysitting me, and I just got that feeling just by talking to him. Anyone working for this company know anything?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run!!! The DMs are a joke. Support, training, coaching, etc. is nonexistent. STAY AWAY!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more. Run, Run, Run and Run Fast! My DM wants to know every move I make. I have been in this business a long time and have never had such a micromanager of a DM, or of a company. I hear that the east team has to worse then we do with the DM over there always questioning their moves, along wanting all emails CC to him. Funny how the DMs want info so quick but there is no communication from corporate for the help we need at the rep level. At least my DM has hospital experience and understands how they work. East team has a senior DM (BA) who I hear is clueless about how the hospital IDNs and access with appointment only work at certain hospitals. Run, Run, Run and Run Fast. Consider yourself warned.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more. Worst job ever. Management here has hired a bunch of very qualified reps for the territories now let us go out and do our jobs and stop micromanaging. Email this, do that, copy me on this. If management really wanted to help, go out and work some of the major corporate IDN decision makers to help get RAPIVAB on formulary. The days of just getting a doctor to say that they want it stocked are long gone. I know this is what my manager thinks is just go get a physician to want it stocked and then they think it will be done, I have heard that the manager on the East coast is the same way.

"When you talk to a manager you get the feeling that THEY are important, when you talk to a LEADER you get the feeling that YOU are important."

Wake up management and understand that you hired good solid sales reps and quit micromanaging.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The one word I agree with on this site is joke. I came on here to see what is going on after I interviewed two of your reps for specialty hospital positions. All I heard during the interviews was crying and complaining and I come on here and see the same thing. Crap reps always have someone to blame except themselves. I heard no budget to travel overnight but the reps I interviewed couldnt even tell me names of people they said they were calling on. You want to drive overnight because you cant call on the accounts in your back yard? Just because you have hospital experience doesnt mean you are good. They also complained about no bonus but when I asked them how much they sold they both said 1 unit. At my company you dont get paid bonus for selling 1 unit. If you guys think a manager wanting to know what is going on in your territory is micromanaging then you should go back to working at the car wash because you arent working for me. Lastly, a manager doesnt need to tell you that he is hiring or cutting your territory especially if you arent working it. You have no idea what goes into that decision. If the 2 I interviewed are an indication of the rest of the sales force you should all stay where you are and keep praying because nobody is going to hire you. I have never heard hospital reps strategies that involved so many voicemails and emails and then sit around and hope for someone to call them back (that was actually in their business plan they shared with me). The best I can tell by the interviews and this site, you all are looking for someone to blame because the truth is to painful. I wish you all the best but I doubt any of our managers will be interviewing anyone else from this group. You also shouldnt quote things on leadership unless you can demonstrate leadership in your territory.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The truth be told is that some reps have sold more then 1 or 2 doses, and could tell you who they have been calling on. The truth also be told that the only way we can find out about our sales is to listen to the hospitals who have spoken up about buying. They do not send out sales numbers to the sales force "we are told because it is raw data from the distributors and it could always change" The part about no budget is correct. We do not have a budget so all travel in your territory is on your own dime.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Novartis employee now with Seqirus going to put a few things out there because I do feel stable enough in my position to speak about some things. Truth be told we as a company are going through major growing pains, and growing pains that we did not expect to go through. We understand how the sales force feels based on the lack of communication (which we are working on), lack of budgets (which we are working on), along with management training, and breaking down sales numbers. Sales numbers we purchase are not 100% accurate and are like the previous post in the raw. We did not purchase for Publicis the breakdown, so we are trying to break it down to the best of our ability. Understanding the problem is you are sales people and need to see who has purchased, and how much has been purchased. I am going to warn you ahead of time that with the new product launch, we are going to run into the same issues. We are working with management to take a step back and learn how all the territores are different and all call points are different in each territory. Some are ER calls, some are pharmacy calls, some don't give you access, some you can just walk into. We do understand that some of you will be looking to leave because of the growing issues that we are going to continue to have. Come next year it should all be worked out. We are truly looking at ways to put bonus money in your pockets for the hard work that all of you have been doing in the field. I have been in this business long enough that I do not drink the Kool-Aid and truly speaking from insight from the home office. Coming from Novartis I am used to having unlimited funds and spending money to get the results that we currently are looking for. With Seqirus I truly believe they are going in the right direction, its just going to take time.