R&D Layoffs!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jul 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't believe we are laying of discovery and pre-clinical scientists!! This does not forebode well for innovative new products coming to patients! R&D is the life blood of the company and we are cutting?! Come on management, get smart!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you so called "scientist" had actually produced something in the last 10 years. you wouldn't be getting laid off. now would you. Currently, you are not the life blood, you are just sucking the blood out of the company.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

F Off! What do you do everyday but deliver sandwiches and pizzas with your humanities Bachelors degree!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck has an R&D Dept? I did not know that.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, it stands for Relaxing & Day dreaming!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a job. What about you? hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

That masters engineering degree is really paying off. Go wipe your ass with it.

By the way, I also make more than you. Now a lot more than you.

Maybe you can make the food. You might be over qualified. NOT

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not far from the truth. MRL has no work ethic. It's all about looking good. Even when the house is coming down around you.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They were a bunch of failures in ever aspect of their life's. Good riddance to bad trash.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any Merck employee that is let go is a tragedy to the individual, family, and the company! We need R&D for the future and we need Sales for today. Let's cut out the nasty posts and wish everyone well.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WOW. They caused so many layoff because of their utter incompetence and you really expect people to feel bad for them? The company will be better off without them. I am sure they will find a job because of the great reputation R&D has within the pharma industry. They would have a better chance writing that they did 10 years in jail than putting down Merck R&D on their resume. They did more damage than our CEO. They shredded many families and did not care. Why should we really give a crap about there's.

So if fuck off, should have happened 5 years ago, and you don't deserve severance means I wish them well, then I wish them well.

The only tragedy was it did not happen sooner. Everyone feels the same way.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, name one significant product that has come to market in the last 7 years that was not as a result of merger/acquisition. I love how big pharma justifies price increases, patent protection and the anti-generic message. "Generics do not conduct R&D". Based on results, neither does Merck.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

STFU Pizza Delivery Boy!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? The world is falling apart and you literally think R & D has caused Merck's issues? I'm guessing you're in the field like me which means you know how our brains are restricted, autonomy is not allowed, and God forbid we are allowed to use common sense to make good compliant business decisions. Why would you think R & D would have had the allowance to use their brains? I've never worked in R & D, so yeah, maybe they are lazy. OR maybe they're just like us and not allowed to do squat with the brains in their heads. Cut them some slack. We're all trying to survive in this crazy world. Could we please stop tearing each other apart both in this company and on this effing planet?!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great post!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't compare what we do here and what's going on this planet. That is just outright stupid. If R&D are not using their brains then why were they even here. It's pretty clear we hired the wrong scientists and now we are fixing it. Stop with the survive crap. I could almost hear you crying while writing. They got what they deserve more than any other department. It's not that I like or dislike them. They are just lazy failures who needed to go. For the last 7 years you could have put in reps and they would have done the same jobs as the scientists. The only difference is we would have learned and got better over time. Over time we would have produced more. Worse case situation is we produce nothing. The exact same that the failures over there have produced. We have more upside. Why do you think they are eliminating the whole R&D department in NJ over time? Simple answer: there is no risk because they are useless anyway. If you are in R&D just get off this site. No one want or cares what you write. You should not be here anyway.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The issue is that the 'wrong' scientists are the ones steering the ship (RT and his ilk) and have been doing so through all of Merck's woes. The ones destroying R&D seem to get promoted around these times (PV etc.) when everyone knows that they haven't contributed squat. This will continue and so we will still be screwed as a company. The good ones get shown the door or all of their decision making rights get taken away. These are the standard articles of retribution that RT and his dogs operate by and the reason why no good scientists speak up within R&D to get the right science done.
    To suggest that field sales could have done better is really funny. RT would have destroyed you all leaving only broken men and women. Sales Force - HA - you need to sell something to be that don't you?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scientists should have grown a pair.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, and they were fired. Everyone else learned to duck and cover.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every vaccine?